Hard drive not found

Recently my 360 console doesn't recognize the fact that the hard drive is connected, during a recent update it stated there was no place to save the information to. Thx for any help

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

What kind of console Slim, Fat boy? Have you tried taking out the HDD, turning on your Xbox and wait for it to power up THEN add the HDD?

It's a xbox 360 elite, I have tried plugging in the HDD after power up. It then re-boots back to main screen

Is it an Official Xbox 360 for use with an Elite (aka the fat Xbox)? What size is the HDD?

Yes it's official with 120G HDD

And it hasn't been tampered with in anyway (not saying you did but if it was bought Used maybe?)? Was it a New Retail purchase?

hmm, I'd hafta look into that, didn't even consider tampering

[quote user="ShownMoth28231"]

hmm, I'd hafta look into that, didn't even consider tampering

[/quote]If you didn't buy it New at Retail, good chances are it is not an Official HDD but one that was replaced into the Plastic Case with Modded Software. If after an Update it stopped functioning, this one be one of the main reasons why.

I took the HDD apart and found the electrical clip that plugs into the HDD was loose enough to the point it was not making secure connection. It is an official HDD, I had to cut all the MS stickers off before finding all the screws. Thanks for your input

why would someone even bother with tampering with a hdd?

Just trying to get the HDD to boot up so I can swap the info to the new xbox