Hard Drive making my console restart

I have a 250GB hard drive for my XBOX 360s. I have I was having trouble with my concole restarting itself whenever I touched the controller. I unplugged everything and removed the three extra storage device I had and it worked fine, I replaced each one and when I got to the hard drive, the console restarts continually. I have only ever downloaded content directly from Xbox Live, and have never had anything pirated pass through my house let alone my console.

Oh dear, what could the matter be? I have a bunch of games on it that I am loathe to download again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Well, thus far as I've had a similar issue as of late.  I transferred important files to another HDD, and then formated the 250 HHD.  After doing so, I have no more issues as of yet.  The down side to doing this, is if you done have the room to move it, any games you've downloaded will need to be redownloaded.  I also believe this issue is going to start be an issue with more people that do what we do and download things.  I think this may be an issue with the newest patch and huge update for the xbox as this issue did not start for me until after the update.  

Right now I'm finally able to download Resident Evil 5 and before it was restarting my xbox.  After reformat its moving along.  So this could be a Hard drive issue, or an Xbox Issue, or the combo.  I do also know that they did just recently launch a new harddrive (320 GB *Drool*)  This may have been predicted with the update hence why they launched the fix as a money making item.  We shall see, and if you do attempt this, I hope it works out for you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Try this on the main hard drive

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

See if that helps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.