Hard Drive Issues

Hi there,

So my Xbox Slim is going fine about a week ago, with no apparent problems, but then I turn it on the next day and it keeps freezing with little dots appearing on the screen. I go to the Xbox Support website and do the freeze solution guide and at one point it asks to remove your hard drive and try it then, so I do that and the console appears to start working again. The guide then says that the hard drive is faulty and that I either need to buy a new one or order a new one from the Microsoft service website. So I look on Amazon and see this third-party hard drive:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005UTBPFU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for about half the price of the Microsoft one which is ridicously overpriced. I look into it and the reviews for it are good and threads online say using third party hard drives is fine other than you can't play original Xbox games on it. So it came today along with a transfer cable I ordered as well and everything goes fine with the transfer of the data from the old hard drive to the new hard drive with no crashes. Yet when I turn the Xbox on a couple of hours later it crashes again when I sign into Xbox Live just as the alert saying how many friends I have online comes up. I try again disconnected from Xbox Live and it is still crashing with the little dots appearing again .

I'm thinking the problem could either be corrupt data on the hard drive or a faulty part where the hard drive connects to the Xbox.

This is a really frustrating issue for me so any help would be much appreciated as I don't want to pay around £80 for Microsoft to repair the console.

Thanks again.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Edit:

Just tried using a USB stick and that was going fine until I downloaded the system update from Xbox Live and it started crashing again. So I'm beginning to think it might be something to do with the system update itself. Has there been one recently. Any help would be much appreciated.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Anyone?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.