Hard drive issue??

Not sure if this is the right place but i have a hard drive issue.

Recently my xbox was freezing up so i turned off my xbox and turned it back on.  Then 2 of my files went corrupt, all my settings, saved games, etc.

On xbox it shows i have no personal info like bio or anything, no reputation, no gamerscore.

I have no idea what happened and its freaking me out.. I dont wish to lose an xbox account.

I would appreciate a response Thanks,

John

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Yes this is happening to me to im playing mw2 and its freezing and everybody has silver and 0 gamerscore,maybe its a network issue

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The no gamer pic and 0 gamerscore on my friends list just happened even though it was fine this morning. Everyone is a silver it says as well. Not sure what the problem is, seeing as I just turned it on and this happened. My 360 hasn't been freezing either, but it did take a tiny bit longer to connect to Live randomly and nothing has been changed.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey John Could you try these steps.

Firstly you will need to delete any corrupt files from your systems memory.

Then clear your cache.
(To do this go to memory> highlight the HDD> press Y> when asked to perform maintenance select yes).
This will clear all game updates from your console so you will need to re download them the first time you play after clearing.

Now go into your memory again> profiles> delete your profile.
(Make sure only to delete the profile and NOT the ITEMS attached to it).

Now recover your profile to the console.
You will need your accounts wlid and password to recover.

Let us know how this goes and if it solved your profile issue, if not other advice could be offered. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

What about the friends list and other people showing up as just a silver tag and 0 score? I can connect perfectly fine and everything. Eventually everyone does show their true GT with score and all. Do you know what might cause a weird glitch like that?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now then Tenjin.

I am not 100% on that tbh, which mainly is why I addressed my reply to the OP. As his issue is almost definitely caused by a profile issue.
If I was going to hazard a guess the friends list etc could be a server issue, but its just speculation really.

You could try clearing your cache to see if that helps at all but I'm unsure if it would. If this has not happened before it might be best to just to leave if for a little while and see if it resolves itself.

Sorry I cant give you a definite answer either way but hopefully someone else can.

Sorry this didn't help.

It's alright. It has happened once before, but the reason it perplexes me this time is due to the fact that my 360 has been off for nearly 12 hours and upon starting it up this odd thing happened. It seems like it's situated now and I do appreciate your guess, considering it makes the most sense. Thank you very much for your time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Anytime at all Tenjin you are most welcome.

If it does start happening more frequently its definitely worth trying the clearing the cache option, it would not do anything negative to your profile. It could have even been a bad connection blip but again its a guess. (I'm good at those :P).
So long as its not a common occurence I don't think its anything you should be overly concerned with.

Sorry this didn't help.