hard drive formatting issue

i have just bought a 2TB seagate slim hard drive which i have checked and is compatible, when i attach it the xbox one recognises it as a media device but when i attempt to format it i get to the screen to rename it and it immediately  goes to a screen where the nxoe rotating thin blue circle starts to go around, i left it overnight thinking it was formatting but this morning it was still doing the same. the reason i believe it may be a new dash issue is because it recognises the device straight away.

i have formatted the device on a pc first but get the same issue.

my appologies if this has been covered previously but i dont think its the same as the standard set up issues linked with the old dashboard experience.

cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Sorry to hear it.  Unfortunately Seagate drives are known to have issues with compatibility with Xbox consoles.  I would have recommended formatting the drive on the pc to you but you've already done it.  The only other suggestion I have is to return the drive to the store and get another brand.  I use a WD Passport and have had no issues with it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Came here to ask the same thing and saw this post. I bought the 1tb seagate slim and having the exact same problem. I checked reviews on amazon first and seems like many are using on xbox with no problems.  I may end up calling customer support tonight to see if there is a fix before sending back.

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: Found out over on some other forums this is an issue for folks in the preview program that have downloaded the new dashboard. If that applies to you Phil, dont return your drive it sounds like it works fine, just an issue they need to work out with the new dashboard.

Sorry this didn't help.