Hard drive crashing

I've had a few complaints about hard drives needing to be reformatted . Ive explained that hard drives sometimes just fail its a part of life and its not really an xbox issue as i believe the HD's in them are Western Digital ( Correct Me If Im Wrong )  Ive encouraged them to use the cloud service as this will eliminate loss of data .

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

My hard drive appears to have crashed today.  This X360 is less than a year and a half old (Oct 2012).  Not too pleased.  It began with the system stating it needed an update, which it could not properly install.  After trying all of the standard fixes, rebooting, clearing cache, installing from USB, I loaded everything on a micro-USB and now it is up-and-running again.

I'm not at all familiar with hard drive crashes (I guess I'm lucky), but I don't know what else it could be.  Each time I turn the Xbox on, it says the system hard drive is unformatted.  I format it, then attempt to move my profile over from the flash drive and it fails saying it is corrupted.

Guess I'll be running off of flash drives from now on . . .

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@OpeKandies

There is one thing you can try, that you didn't mention you have tried, which is to remove the hard drive from the console and install it again. Like mentioned on this link: support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

Also be aware that if you are experiencing an issue, it is always best to create a new thread for your issue instead of posting in one that isn't yours, this will ensure that you get the best suited answers/help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.