Hard Drive Access

How do I access the hard drive so that I can see where my game saves are?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There's no storage management option on the Xbox One, aside from going to My Games and Apps and hitting Menu --> Uninstall/Delete on things you no longer want on your system.

I was wondering about game saves are they going to the cloud or our hard drives?  Not accessing out Hard drive is rediculous hopefully it's fixed soon.

^thats not going to go over well with 99% of users a better idea is to just bring it back.  

They need to fire the person who had the bright idea to not allow us to manage our storage ( or even see how much space we have left ), it's probably the same person that didn't think we needed to see our controller battery power.

Maybe the hard drive is mainly for installing the games and the DVR feature. Maybe the game saves are put in the cloud.

[quote user="UsedMallard845"]

Maybe the hard drive is mainly for installing the games and the DVR feature. Maybe the game saves are put in the cloud.

[/quote]

Apparently the game saves are being saved in the cloud which we can't access either.

Considering the number of games that get released with "corrupt save" issues this a huge problem. I have dozens of 360 games that I backed up saves for in case of the dreaded corrupt save and now if that occurs we have no way to get back hours of game play.

And again these forums ate my reply :(

Anyway, are you saying the game saves automatically go to the Cloud? And whoever thought there's no need for storage management should be fired for that idea.

[quote user="Sipuli91"]

And again these forums ate my reply :(

Anyway, are you saying the game saves automatically go to the Cloud? And whoever thought there's no need for storage management should be fired for that idea.

[/quote]

The saves do go to the cloud. That's what allows you to log in at a friends house and pick up where you left off in a game.

Are they saved to the hard drive also? I would assume so or offline play would be impossible but who knows, they may just be held in a temp location until you go online and not actually saved in a game directory like the 360.

The game saves are saved to the cloud AND locally, in case the cloud goes down.

[quote user="Randver"]The saves do go to the cloud. That's what allows you to log in at a friends house and pick up where you left off in a game.

Are they saved to the hard drive also? I would assume so or offline play would be impossible but who knows, they may just be held in a temp location until you go online and not actually saved in a game directory like the 360.[/quote]Albert Penello confirmed in a thread on NeoGaf that savegames were stored both local on your Xbox One, and that a copy was automatically synced in the cloud.