handheld

Ok I've been wondering for a while now if Xbox is coming out with a handheld game. I maybe late, but I'm wondering if it's ever going to happen. They've been out long enough to have one by now. I believe that they're the best system out now and I'm waiting for that ultimate handheld system. I now when or if it does come out it's going to dominate that area of game play also. Somebody or Microsoft tell me something. And if there is any others out there that feel like I do Speak out and join me on this. Cause I want a Xbox handheld, what about you?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The vita is doing badly because the iPad with streaming services offers more games at a better price with more functionality than a gaming handheld does.  Aside from that a lot of the games you buy on arcade can be bought, downloaded and played on any smart phone which you can also talk to people on, find your location on and browse the web.  The DS is good for the kids and that's how the premium handhelds are looking to many at the moment too.  Like toys.

I don't know if it would be a great seller or if it would beat the competition, but what I do know is that for purists like me a Microsoft (gaming) handheld would be the best thing in gaming in a long time.

I bought the original Xbox, an Xbox 360 Elite, and my current MW3 slim, and I haven’t bought any other brand since the original Xbox. I use Microsoft Office, and Windows 7. I don’t own a stereo because I use my Xbox 360 for that, I don't own a MP3 player because I use my phone for that, I don't own a DVD player because yet again my Xbox 360 has got that covered. I have been waiting and waiting for an actual Microsoft handheld for years now, but at this point, if there is nothing at this year’s E3, I’m going to breakdown and buy a PSVita, which will be my first purchase of any electronics (other than my actual computer, my television, and my current cell phone all of which were gifts) that isn’t made by Microsoft in over 11 years now.

And they should make a handheld besides the windows phone. I would love to have a handheld xbox but I am not a fan of windows phone. Microsft needs to make a handheld not geard toward phone/tablet users like Vita.

i know this may just be a pipe dream, but how cool would it be to be able to play, lets say, Gears 3 on your "couch" console, and then transfer all data and saved games to a hand held device, allowing you to continue your game on a plane or on a road trip. thats always been my dream for gaming. come on mr. gates, make it happen.

[quote user="brandiesel1"]

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

It would be pointless imo. Nintendo has/does and always will dominate that market.

[/quote]

That's what was said about the PS before Microsoft came out with the Xbox. 

[/quote]

I don't  know. At that time Nintendo, Sony and Sega had systems out.

[/quote]

The basic problem with SparkStormrider's comment is that it infers Microsoft is now dominating Sony. While the 360 does have a worldwide lead on the PS3, it has done so solely on North American sales. The PS3 is far more popular in Asia, and has overtaken the 360  in Europe. That's not Microsoft domination, it's just being the most popular in the largest territory.  The other problem is that when Microsoft came out with the Xbox... The PS2 not only completely dominated that console, it actually became the biggest selling home console in history. When you look at the overall picture, out of two generations, Microsoft has only beaten Sony once, in one of the three major territories.

It would be pointless imo. Nintendo has/does and always will dominate that market.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't  know. At that time Nintendo, Sony and Sega had systems out.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

the ps vita is an amazing device! It is NOT geard toward phone or tablet users. It is a "consol on-the-go" handheld! gaming heaven! I will get one asap! ms will make one if the market demands one.

I really think this PS VIta thing is gonna flop, big time.  I just think the days of handheld gaming are over. I (obviously) could be incorrect about this, but I honestly think with the influx of smart phones, this is taking away a lot of the market that things like the Gameboy used to corner.  Sony doesn't have a line of cellphones to fall back on, so I guess they have to try something.

[quote user="homick"]Ok I've been wondering for a while now if Xbox is coming out with a handheld game. I maybe late, but I'm wondering if it's ever going to happen. They've been out long enough to have one by now. I believe that they're the best system out now and I'm waiting for that ultimate handheld system. I now when or if it does come out it's going to dominate that area of game play also. Somebody or Microsoft tell me something. And if there is any others out there that feel like I do Speak out and join me on this. Cause I want a Xbox handheld, what about you?[/quote]

Keep Console games to the consoles. all minor games(arcade to windows phone)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nobody has been able to touch Nintendo in the handheld market, and many have put out far superior machines. Prior to last year's holiday season, Nintendo had sold more than 85 million DS units. That's more Nintendo portables out there than 360s. I'm not saying nobody will ever beat Nintendo in the handheld market, but it ain't going to be soon and it ain't gonna be MS. Besides, MS has Kinect too far up it's rectum...

Talking about the Xbox & PS... The PS2 dominated the original Xbox in sales, and the 360 lags behind the PS3 in Europe & Asia. That said, the Wii has crushed them both.