Halo Waypoint for Xbox One ?

I put this on the Xbox One forum on Waypoint but it's quiet over there, does anyone here know anything about this, I'm asking if anyone knows or has a link to info when the app will be on the Xbox One.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 17, 2018 Views 79 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm sure it will be out by the time "HALO 5" is released.

I thought that too Az, I was surprised that one was not there at launch.

It's not available at launch because there is no halo game at launch.  We might see it soon though if they are planning on tracking spartan assault with it

Why exactly were you surprised there wasnt a HaloWay point app at launch if there isnt a Halo game available at launch? Just curious.

Because Halo Waypoint's not just for newly released Halo titles. It acts as a Halo encyclopedia for the franchise's lore. It also contains clips from previous Halo iterations. Halo 2 wasn't on the Xbox 360, but Halo Waypoint provides clips and vidocs from and for Halo 2. We don't need an Xbox One Halo title to have a Halo Waypoint app for the new system.

[quote user="Synchr0nistic"]

Because Halo Waypoint's not just for newly released Halo titles. It acts as a Halo encyclopedia for the franchise's lore. It also contains clips from previous Halo iterations. Halo 2 wasn't on the Xbox 360, but Halo Waypoint provides clips and vidocs from and for Halo 2. We don't need an Xbox One Halo title to have a Halo Waypoint app for the new system.

[/quote]I'm sorry I have to be the one to break it too yeah, but Halo passed away with Halo 4, he did suffer if it makes you feel any better

You do realize Halo 4 was announced as the start of the next Halo trilogy, right?  it didn't "pass away with it".  And we now know that Halo 5 is being worked on and imroved for Fall release next year.  Sorry, I have to agree with the OP; It didn't take long for Spartan Assault to reach XBox One even though it may not be the most defining game in the series, and we can still activity of XBbox 360 games we've played.  Why shouldn't we already have a WayPoint app on XBox One?  Perhaps a new app could provide quick access to synchrnized info posted to the website, new screens, trailers, etc, aside from general game and stats tracking.

I got Waypoint on Xbox one.I even pin it.

Why need an app when you can have it with Internet Explorer.

It was useful during the 360 era,but now it's kind of pointless.

@ Thanatos

"I'm sorry I have to be the one to break it too yeah, but Halo passed away with Halo 4, he did suffer if it makes you feel any better"

You forgot the "in your opinion" part...

Just because H4 had a storyline that catered slightly more towards the fan service side of things doesn't mean it was bad. It just means those who aren't as deep into the lore (via the books, animated stories and graphic novels) didn't have the same experience as those who are.

It's very subjective... I for one, don't share your opinion...

As for Waypoint on X1, I'd be assuming there might be some news on it at or shortly after E3... With the upcoming Halo news, I feel it's inevitable we'll get some news soon... Imo...

[quote user="Tzar of kaos"]

I got Waypoint on Xbox one.I even pin it.

Why need an app when you can have it with Internet Explorer.

It was useful during the 360 era,but now it's kind of pointless.

[/quote]Well why use Internet Explorer when we could possibly have quicker access to not only our general game stats but perhaps synchronized website info without having to 1st type the web address instead?  The 360 app may seem a bit useless now, but perhaps in time 343 Industries will figure out better, improved use for it on the One.