Halo Reach: Name Is Blocked

When attempting to upload to file share I get the message "the name of the creator of this file is not allowed on Xbox Live." I have read several posts and saw that others were instructed to post their issue here. Xbox forum support agents: please review my request to remove the block so I can use the file share system in Halo Reach. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey there, xix SIN xix. I just wanted to follow up and let you know that this should be resolved. Can you try uploading the file again? Thank you!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are below 13 years of old, i wouldn't allow you to do a file share

Sorry this didn't help.

If you uploaded a file created by someone else who no longer has Xbox Live Gold, was banned, or they have banned words(for 343's filter) on their GT, then you just need to go into forge and save as a new map and you should be able to have it under your own name. That should fix the issue if the file is marked as being created(author) by someone else.

If the issue still exists despite being made my you then the issue is either that you were hit with the BanHammer, were temp banned for 10 minutes(similar but different from the BH), or you have something in your name the 343's name/word filters don't like.

What it looks like however is that you had some Xbox Live Enforcement taken out on your account for some reason.

Is there any issue with any other non halo game that has a file sharing system?

Sorry this didn't help.

My request was received and my issue resolved within 48hrs. Thank you XBL support staff.

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand that you have been having problems using the file share options for Halo.

File share access is not available for players with an Xbox LIVE Silver Membership, unless you have the optional Bungie Pro service (available for purchase from the Start menu, File Browser submenu). Players who are using an offline profile do not have file share access.

Additionally, you will need to have a hard drive attached to your Xbox 360 to fully enjoy the game capabilities for Halo Reach.

If you have all the above mentiond requirements , then may be you're being flagged by Xbox LIVE's gamertag filtering. Likely, they've deemed a portion of your gamertag offensive .

May be one of the Xbox Forums Support agent may be able to resolve that issue here for you shortly.

Regards

Sorry this didn't help.

I too am experiencing the same issue when attempting to upload a file on Halo Reach. I am being told that the creator of the file is not allowed on Xbox Live, when i do indeed have a Gold Membership, for the past six years. Your assistance, Xbox Forums Support Agents, is required and appreciated

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for reporting this, Notorious BHG. I would be happy to look into this for you. Hang in there. I'll follow up when I have more information. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Mister Darcy, as a matter of fact I am able to upload files right now. You assistance is greatly appreciated. Once again ...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, xix SIN xix. Thank you for bringing your question to the forums! I will check on this and follow up when I have more information. Thanks in advance. I'm standing by if you have any questions in the meantime.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, Notorious BHG. This should now be resolved and you will be able to upload files within the next 24 hours. Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions!

Sorry this didn't help.