Halo Reach Controller wearing down.

Hey!

When Halo Reach was released on 14th September 2010 (less than a year ago) I bought with it the limited edition Halo Reach Controller. Now i don't play my xbox an excessive amount everyday, 1 hour at least, maybe more, (fitting round a job and studying) and use it mainly for Call of Duty. But recently I have noticed that my controller has become hard to use, especially for FPS or racing games. 

Upon inspection I noticed that there is wear down on the analog stick housing, essentially a "groove" in the up direction, a sign of overuse or just general wearing out. The analog stick therefore gets halted in the up position upon making a circular motion on the analong stick, hence altering gameplay in the previously stated types of games. Now, Halo Reach has been out for less than a year, and I don't believe that before a year is even out a controller should be wearing down like that. I do not want to spend near to £40 on a new controller but I can't find warrenty information for the controller. 

Where do I stand in respect to a new controller to replace this one as I do sincerley believe that any controller should not be breaking like that and i shouldn't have to buy a new one. I would upload a picture upon request as at the moment Icannot do that. 

Thanks in advance. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Seems like it is just suffering from general wear and tear and it can happen. There is no 1 year warranty for peripherals unless you purchase one from the PoP, so if you wanted a new controller you would need to purchase one yourself as far as I know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Control pads have a standard 90 day warranty in the UK.

Sorry this didn't help.

If it's in the console box, it should be covered by the console warranty. If it's bought stand alone, oopsie.

I believe UK consumer protection laws should provide some sort of extended fitness warranty, so it may be covered by the retailer. Try?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the replies!

Well that's what I thought. My partner works for Trading Standards so that's worth a try! Ta anyway!

Sorry this didn't help.

I doubt it very much that they'll replace it as it is due to wear and tear.

If it was broken, then they would have exchanged it.

Sorry this didn't help.