Halo on Windows 7 Tablet

So I occurred to me that some people have asked for a proper portable Xbox.  I am assuming that would play Xbox games on a portable form factor.  Maybe perhaps incorporate the Xbox 360 contoller.

Well I found an option for that.  Forgot iPad 2 instead check out the Acer Iconia w500 tablet running Windows 7.  It is capable of running many current PC games at 1024x768 @ 30fps.  But when you combine it with Games for Windows Live (and then Xbox Live next year on Windows 8) you suddenly have a portable gaming tablet capable of playing Halo with achievements, friends lists and Live parties!  Plus Games for Windows Live natively supports the Xbox 360 controller.

So next time your on holiday and you need your Halo 2 fix you can take your tablet with you (instead of your iPad) and start earning chevos on Halo 2.  You can even use an Xbox 360 controller.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

well microsoft have already tapped the mobile market with windows mobile 7,although its not as you say. can still get achievements tho

are you suggesting a tablet with the graphics capcity of a pc with a high end graphics card?

but to have a tablet itd have to wirelessly sync with the controller.

Wish they'd hurry up and give a date for Windows 8, almost got all the parts i need to build a new pc, and dont really want to buy W7 if W8 is just round the corner.

The best I can say is at some point next year.It has just been released to developers so I'm betting on a mid 2012 release date.

Have you got a touch screen because windows 8 supports touch screen. if not you can still run it in classic mode.

[quote user="Piztup"]

Wish they'd hurry up and give a date for Windows 8, almost got all the parts i need to build a new pc, and dont really want to buy W7 if W8 is just round the corner.

[/quote]Bring the operating system across from the old PC for the mean-time until Windows 8 comes out.

You can't if it is an OEM operating system from a ready built PC, They do not have transfer rights. You only get transfer rights with Boxed retail or volume licence copies. The OEM OS will not want to install and the Activation team will not help you with a new key if you try it.

Before you as I used to be a Microsoft licensing expert so I do know what I'm talking about. ^_^

[quote user="shinagami69"]

You can't if it is an OEM operating system from a ready built PC, They do not have transfer rights. You only get transfer rights with Boxed retail or volume licence copies. The OEM OS will not want to install and the Activation team will not help you with a new key if you try it.

Before you as I used to be a Microsoft licensing expert so I do know what I'm talking about. ^_^

[/quote]
Just the person I was after. Can you help me with this?

OK posted a reply for you, Sorry about the formatting but it would not let me put any blank lines in lol

As I explained I'm a little rusty on the PC repair side of things but my Licensing knowledge in only a few months old so is fairly up to date. (Refresher course being done soon just to keep my hand in.)

I hope I was of help. If you want to know more details PM me and I'll explain it a little more if I can or can give you some numbers to call for more help.

[quote user="shinagami69"]

[/quote]When did they bring that in?

When I built my current PC I activated my copy of Windows XP Pro, which was an OEM copy from my previous build, by phoning the number provided on the activation screen.

Took about 10 minutes but they were quite happy to do it.

Thanks for the reply. It's been a great help. I have restored an OEM machine before, but I didn't upgrade any components of that machine so that is why I wanted to confirm it (because I heard that if you upgrade some components, Windows doesn't see it as an OEM).

But thanks for the reply, so now I can restore my laptop to the it's factory state.

@ Vote DC

Your one of the lucky ones then, OEM has been non transferrable for a long time since windows XP at least and the Activation team have a reputation of being very hard to get codes out of. I used to have to deal with lots of people who had been turned down by them and explain why.

@ Sonic scream

No probs man, glad I could help.