Halo 5 Guardians physical copy issue

I have purchased Halo 5 Guardians Limited Collectors Edition and received a "digital copy" of the game. Now we were told that all we have to do to get a physical copy of Halo 5 was to give Xbox our gamertag, email address, 25-character code, and address for shipping. Now i went to go do that and had a big hassel, basically had to jump through hoops to get my copy. I had to give them my console serial number and a picture of my receipt to them, on top of all that info. Nowhere anywhere was this announced prior to when i chatted with Xbox customer support. This made me unhappy. Having just spent $250 plus on this game and then having to turn around and show proof that I have bought the game to get my physical copy of the game. People should have been notified earlier this month about this. This was a major hassel for me. And I have not gotten any compensation from it since this was a big hassel for me. And I would like to get like a free month of Xbox live if I can due to this circumstance.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello

The pictures required are just to verify that you indeed bought the Limited Collectors Edition and not the console which also comes with a digital version of the game. It was known that the LCE would come with a digital version of the game and the exchange for a disc version was offered by Microsoft because a lot of people wanted that. Shipping+handling is payed for by Microsoft for the disc exchange. You did not need to exchange it but it was out of free will and therefor I doubt that a compensation will be given.

yeah I hear you on that. But it just made me a bit frustrated about the receipt thing.  They should of announced this prior to the release about the receipt.