Halo 4 Party Issues

So here is our issue;

We have four people in the same house connected to the same modem trying to play war games. If only one person in the house is playing matchmaking works fine. when just one other person from our house joins we all get booted and it says were all not joinable. we can play custom games fine but we wanna get the war games going. please help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

You may need to upgrade your router/modem, as it may not be "fast enough" to handle four people playing at the same time, or it may also be your internet. Usually for that kind of game play you need a fairly high-speed internet. It may also help to not have so many things trying to access the internet simultaneously, such as phones, computers, and gaming consoles as this will really lead to you being booted and lagging up a storm.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The four of you will only be allowed to play online together in both the campaign and Spartan-Ops modes only.

Just as a matter of interest, can you try playing two players split screen co-op on one console and the other two players split screen on another console :)

Sorry this didn't help.

@szg we just got fios with a new router. it is absolutley fast enough. @ Glenn are you saying they dont allow a home party to play team slayer matchmaking, if so that is bs. we can all play custom games together. ill try co-op and let ya know. -Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually if they are all on separate consoles they should still be able to play online together, and I am saying this from experience as I have in the past had a few Xbox parties where me and a group of friends have brought our consoles to a single house and been able to play Halo online with all of us in the same party, but in different rooms. We lagged a bit, but after making sure our consoles were the only things taking up the internet use, the lag was almost completely unnoticeable.

-

The split-screening Glenn mentioned could help as well, but I personally dislike split-screening so that wouldn't work out for me. Me and all my friends who have played with multiple consoles in one house have had this problem before, but we found it was just a matter of the type of router we were all connected to, as it did not provide enough of a connection for us, and in one case  we actually did notice it was the house's internet was not high-speed so it would just boot us from games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, how are you doing today? I hate to say it, but it is possible that 343 Industries put a limit on how many consoles can be connected to the game together off of the same IP address.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I'd be doing better if I could play Halo with my roommates. Is there any way to find out for sure if there is a limit on playing off the same IP address. We've spent collectively $1000 to get set up for what was thought to be the best Halo yet,      and now we cant play together? It's pretty lame. I really just wanna know if this is a resolvable  issue or if I should just bring back the game. Most of the fun we get is joining a party and beating people down together. Any answers will be read and appreciated

Sorry this didn't help.

I am fairly certain this is resolvable, and as of yet I see no signs of there being a limit to the amount of people playing off one IP address, so long as it doesn't exceed your internet capabilities and the max party size allowed. As I already said, I have done this same thing you are trying to do with a party of 3 (myself and two friends in the same house playing Halo: Reach).

-

As for whether 343i changed it, I am not sure, but I know FOR A FACT that two Xbox consoles in the same house can be online and in a party playing War Games without much of a problem besides the occasional lag as two of my friends whom I play with on an almost daily basis do this since they are roommates in a house with one other person. Not sure if the limit is 2 or 3, but I don't see anything hinting that it can't be more. I will post again once I find something, or if not I will ask a more experienced Ambassador to look into it.

-

On a previous note, be sure to check your NAT types and like I said, your router should be fine but check your internet capabilities, as this may be part of the problem if not the problem itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and if your NAT seems to be the issue, as it is strict or moderate, you can take a look here for how to fix that. I will post my findings in this post once I have something useful.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks SZG for the help though it's deffinatley not the nat settings. Is there any way that you can find out what the bandwidth limits are? Currently we have fios with the 15 mb download speed. would it  not even let you join a player becouse of that though. I could see getting booted or some serious lag time, but to not be able to join the player seems odd. We had dsl before this and played reach with no issues other than lag when everyone was using the internet. Thanks again for the help. gonna play a bit tonight maybe it'll work?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey dills79,

Is this a new router that you guys are connecting to?  It may help to check that it has the most up-to-date firmware installed.  Also, does the router have UPnP enabled in it's settings?

Look into those things, and let us know what you find out.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.