Halo 4: Open NAT, still can't party up

My network is set to "Xbox Live" and my NAT rating reads "Open", but I could not join my friends' party or game last night. I had no trouble partying up with these folks the day I friended them, but ever since we haven't been able to get a game going (unless I invited them, and now that doesn't even work). I have no trouble with Halo 4 matchmaking, but I'm worried the issue will repeat itself with any new people I friend.

Strangely, in the roster section I'm listed as "Not Joinable" in red with a lock next to it. My friends logged off before I could check their statuses.

When I tried to join their party, I received an error message in the party box saying something along the lines of "There may be an issue with the network." When I tried to join their game I received a Halo 4 message telling me the connection "timed out". Neither friend seemed able to accept my party/game invites.

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 63 Applies to:

BUMP - same issue here. I get an error that although I have OPEN:NAT which is a desired connection the connection has timed out. Neither can join each others session via invite.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it might not be you, its the other friend nats that might not be open, i learned this along time ago, i had modern nat,, it wont let me join friends, than i learned how to open nat, when my nat is open, i try joining friends partys, i learned that they didnt have open nat too  so ask your friends if they got open nat by testing live

Sorry this didn't help.

As deadeagleman said you should check that your friend also have open NAT. Also, be sure that their party settings are set to open. Maybe hosting yourself might work too.

Sorry this didn't help.

My nats are open so are my friends.

But yet still we get told we are not allowed to play together. Both locked. Both get same message about Internet settings.

I was looking forward to playing online in my squad as normal. Yet it seems I wasted my money.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Bob!

I'm going to ask of you to create a new thread, detailing your issue. To save yourself some time, please read: START HERE! And post back in detail (the bits that are in bold).

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.