Halo 4 Limited Edition console issues

I've been having issues with a brand new Halo 4 console.  It seems to lag terribly at several places.  When turning it on, it will often hang on the startup screen.  The green animation in the "X" on the logo will stop.  From there it takes several minutes to get to the dashboard.  Signing into Live generally takes 5 minutes or more, and I'm doing that with a wired connection since I had the luck of having a modem/router that appears to not play nice with the wireless adapters on the slims.  Loading screens in games take several minutes as well.  The system just seems to run like an old computer.  I don't know what to do about it.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Perhaps try clearing your cache and restoring your console to its default settings.  If not, there may be something wrong with the hardware.  For that, please consult with Microsoft support here: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us and if necessary, the console might need to be sent out and repaired: support.xbox.com/.../repair-process

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Trakanon"]The system just seems to run like an old computer.[/quote]Sounds like the HDD is bad. Exchange it at your retatiler.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had long menu load times on both my Reach 360 and my new Halo 4 console that I just got, I've assumed that it was standard. While a 5 minuet load time does sound excessive, do these long loads take place when you're not signed in on Xbox LIVE? If they're faster offline it could be your connection or settings.

Sorry this didn't help.