Halo 3 MP should it go F2P??

seeing that PSN is doing this F2P killzone 3 MP mode next week i was thinking how cool it would be to do something like that but with Halo 3 MP. Halo 3 been out for more then 5 years now and i cant see M$ making any more money from DLC or just selling the game seeing that Halo Reach has taking its place. So why not make the MP portion of Halo 3 Free to play imo if any can buy a Xbox and hop right into Halo 3 MP just because they have a gold account  that would in my eye make the xbox and xbox live way more desirable then PSN and there f2p games like DCU online and now Killzone 3 MP. It would be great to see some old and new game go F2P on Xbox Live! 

PS: FIREFALL ON XBOX LIVE NEEDS TP HAPPEN!!!! + its F2p

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Killzone 3 is still somewhat relevant. Halo 3 is pretty old, if they were to make it f2p it would be best to have Reach become f2p with a level cap.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It doesn't suffer from a declining player-base so I'd say its fine how it is.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="FALSEGOD"]

seeing that PSN is doing this F2P killzone 3 MP mode next week i was thinking how cool it would be to do something like that but with Halo 3 MP. Halo 3 been out for more then 5 years now and i cant see M$ making any more money from DLC or just selling the game seeing that Halo Reach has taking its place. So why not make the MP portion of Halo 3 Free to play imo if any can buy a Xbox and hop right into Halo 3 MP just because they have a gold account  that would in my eye make the xbox and xbox live way more desirable then PSN and there f2p games like DCU online and now Killzone 3 MP. It would be great to see some old and new game go F2P on Xbox Live! 

PS: FIREFALL ON XBOX LIVE NEEDS TP HAPPEN!!!! + its F2p

[/quote]

But Halo 3's multiplayer is cheap anyway. You can probably pick up Halo: ODST for around ten dollars.

And I don't think Reach is fully taking its place. H3 has some stubborn devotees. Although the only reason I ever play is to hear the hilarious spartan death sounds...

Sorry this didn't help.

Reach never replaced H3 in many peoples view.

Sorry this didn't help.

Halo 3, I can't believe how many people still play that. I played it for a bit, but got pissed when I suddenly had to buy all this DLC to play modes I used to be able to. Then when I got some of the DLC on a previous account, I barely even saw it.

Sorry this didn't help.