Halo 3 - CO-OP Live disconection

Hi there.

Over the past couple weeks I've been trying to play Halo 3 on 4 player Xbox LIVE co-op while trying to go for the Vidmaster Annual achievment.
Every time we've tried for it thought I have either been dropped from the game after 10-20 minutes or my xbox will disconnect from LIVE completely.

I can and have been playing multiplayer on any of the halo games + multiple other games completely fine for almost 2 years now.
I've also been able to do 4 player co-op and firefight in Halo 3: ODST fine without being dropped from the game or disconnected from LIVE.
It is only in Halo 3 when my xbox will drop me from the game or LIVE.

To connect to the internet my computer connects to our wireless network then I've got the 360s ethernet cable going from my computer to my 360 and a network bridge set up on my computer.
I've tried restarting my xbox, my computer, I even tried using my laptop to provide the internet connection to my 360 but the problem still happens.
When it disconnects me from LIVE I'm able to just open up the guide and press connect to LIVE and it connects fine without giving me any problems, but if I try to play co-op again it disconnects me after 10-20 minutes again.

The people I was trying with were all from Australia as well so I don't think it was dropping me due to trying to connect to people from overseas.
Which I'm able to play the multiplayer on Halo 3 with people from overseas fine with anyway.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Australia, NSW

Modem brand & model number:

2wire 2071-a Gateway

Router brand & model number:

Apple Time Machine

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired

Wireless to computer, then cable from computer to 360 using network bridge connection sharing

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?

Wireless is using WPA2

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Computer is using a D-Link DWA-556 Xtreme N PCIe Desktop Adapter

Things you have tried: Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Yes

Is NAT Type Open?

Yes

Any Error Codes you encounter:

I don't encounter any error codes, it just drops from the game and sometimes disconnects from LIVE

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?

ADSL2 - Incoming: 21014 kbps, Outgoing: 1023 kbps

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

Telstra

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

There is no error message, if I run the Test Xbox LIVE connection test it comes up fine.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Have you made sure that all of your friends also have their NAT set to open (forums.xbox.com/.../34069.aspx)? Also, please go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The people I was playing with were having no trouble at all, it was just me disconnecting.

After it dropped me yet again they found another person to do the level with and were able to play through it perfectly fine without any connection troubles.

When we were playing there was no lag at all, the game was running perfectly fine, it would just drop me from the game out of the blue or it would disconnect me from LIVE.

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1473687127.png]

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey mate, would you be able to try a direct modem connection, to see if that temporarily resolves your issue? If it does, we'll know we need to troubleshoot your router/connection sharing. Having read your post, though, I can say that the connection sharing is very likely the source of your issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am unable to try a direct modem connection as I don't own/can't use a cable that runs through the middle of the house.

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have access to the router/modem? Have you tried power cycling them, or possibly resetting them to factory defaults and setting them back up?

Sorry this didn't help.