Halo 1-4 "The Master Chief Collection" for Xbox One

"Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned thatHalo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in onHalo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package."

I'm liking the sound of this. Only ever played Halo 3, ODST (my favourite) and Reach, so the chance to actually play Halo 1-4 together so I can get a firm grasp on the story before Halo 5 launches is good for me!

Read more here: http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/halo-the-master-chief-collection/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Could be a good memory blast!  Agree with you on ODST it is my favourite of all the Halo games,  putting aside how awesome Combat Evolved was on the Xbox of course.  

Can see this being very good for newcomers and fans alike, personally its not for me though, still got all the halo games on the first two machines, that being said i will pick up halo 2 anniversary

I've said a few times that I hope with these new consoles it doesn't become the time of "re-mastered editions" or "HD remakes",

Got to say though, I would make an exception here lol

Not a fan of Halo MP but I absolutely love the stories and would quite happily play through them again.

This seems more like a leap to me than just Halo 2, hope it happens.

^ I agree.

If this is true and we get Halo 1-4 in one package, it will be interesting to see the price.

Well, they're old games, and if they overprice it players won't buy, some die hard fans will, I'm one of them lol, but I'm sure it will be appropriately priced.

I'm guessing ( again if this is true ) probably around £70?

I could live with that, especially if I can play Halo 4 Slayer on dedicated servers, there's a few of us that would still be playing that if it was not so slow and games crashed all the time. It was the worst Halo for multiplayer imo.

Pretty cool I guess.  I thought they did a great job with Halo CE: Anniversary single player.

Microsoft should totally release this on PC so I can actually play it.

^ Not tempted by a Kinectless X1 at some point 1337?