Had a cable outage, can't connect to internet once it came back

Over the weekend, I experienced a cable outage while playing my Xbox 360 S. It logged me out, naturally, since there was no signal. The cable came back on monday afternoon, and all my online devices have connected to the network except for my Xbox 360.

I reset the modem and router, changed around the router settings, reset the 360's network settings, tried manual ip address/subnet/gateway/dns, I tried autmatic ip/subnet/gateway/dns. Nothing is working, yet everything was 100% before the cable outage.

Could this have something to do with the loss of signal while my system was on? I would try a wired connection but I don't have a cable long enough to do so and in theory I shouldn't need one since I've always had the Xbox on wireless.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Also, the farthest I've gotten is putting in the google DNS(8.8.8.8, 4.4.8.8) and it's now not resolving the DNS, but's it is connecting to the network.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey JS - thank you for your post! In order to help us better understand the issue you're having, could you supply the info requested by our Start Here sticky? (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) This will give us some important diagnostic info we can use to help narrow down the issue. Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.