Hacking

I had my account hack lastnight but I managed to talk the guy into giveing it back to me and I changed all my info and blocked almost everything from being veiwed by random people but now I want to change my gamertag so he will never find me agin is there any possible way to get a second free name change?????

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Don't bother with filing complaints. Your GT isn't offensive and hence wouldn't be subject to a FNC so all you'll do is waste time better served with working out why you chose to have such an easy password in the first place.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Wow, that is some weird hacker to give your account back in a friendly manner. If you know the gamertag/user that phished your account, file a complaint on that user, avoid the player and block communications. To be extra safe, change your email password and your Xbox live password.

Sorry this didn't help.

the hacker seemed friendly probably cause it's the hacker that you were dealing with a month ago, while you're looking for 15th prestige lobby on youtube... google tedd36x 3rd result

Sorry this didn't help.

Circle gets the square I'd say.

Sorry this didn't help.

Why do people who willingly give out their Live ID's out always say they were hacked?  The mind boggles!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've a good mind to go back to my old sig to be honest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, thank you Vernier. People aren't getting that they were not hacked, but phished.

Sorry this didn't help.

No one was reading the thread I slaved over (read: wrote while watching Top Gear) anyway or they were reading it then choosing to ignore it.

Sorry this didn't help.

i honest believer this is the product of hackers releasing everyones information. they have a sticky and everything. whether or not the person with our accounts is a hacker or not is besides the point. you can't just call everyone stupid. 65000 accounts and passwords released. and you would still like to call it phising...soo arrogant

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="La Andre123"]

i honest believer this is the product of hackers releasing everyones information. they have a sticky and everything. whether or not the person with our accounts is a hacker or not is besides the point. you can't just call everyone stupid. 65000 accounts and passwords released. and you would still like to call it phising...soo arrogant

[/quote]

Couple of things here bub -

1. Click this link - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Tedd36x&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a - Read the short bit of text under the fourth result, note the OP's GT in that text then click the link. What a previous poster (hence forth known as Columbo) established is that this person was involved in 15th prestige lobbies specifically asking for invites. How many "hackers" can you think of that would just hand back an account with the kind of information stored on it without there being something offered up in return?

2. This is several definitions of phishing - http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=definition+of+phishing&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a#hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=lNl&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&q=phishing&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=XaQnTq2HJdG6hAed9qz5CQ&ved=0CBcQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=4f061ee8aa4abfcf&biw=1440&bih=806

This is the definition of hacking - "Unauthorized attempts to bypass the security mechanisms of an information system or network" -

Now the method used by Lulzsec to aquire the information was hacking, the way in which the information was then used is a form of phishing. Something else to note is that the information was aquired from a substantial number of Sony websites rather than XBL or Microsoft related websites. One last point is the only way criminals would be able to use information that had been obtained from those websites to steal other accounts is if the user used the same password and e-mail combination elsewhere. If they did my level of sympathy drops like a stone. Sony's security was borderline criminal for a major company there's no escaping that but you cannot blame them for users failing to take basic security measures when it comes to password usage.

Sorry this didn't help.