Hacking

I would like to report a hacker but I don't know where to do it, His name is [Mod Removed] , he is using someone else's sign-in details and the original owner was friends with him, and he says he did it because, and i quote 'Your clan is ***.' The owner would like to delete his account off his xbox but Shift will not let him. What do I do?

Question Info

Last updated September 17, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

So if I'm understanding this correctly some one other then the original owner of the account has access to it. All you can really do in this case is advise the original owner of the account to change the password to the Microsoft account linked to the gamertag and then set it to require a password to sign in which you can learn to do here support.xbox.com/.../password-protect-account

Enabling two-step varifaction is also advisable: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq (sorry it's not a link I switched to rich formatting and it won't let me make links on my tablet)

If the original owner no longer has any access to their account you should point them toward Xbox phone support

I'd also like to add that nameing and shaming is against forum rules

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there,

-

first thing. It is not allowed to name and shame in the forums/

Secondly you can report someone via the tools on the consoles, which is also the only way to report somebody.

See this link for reporting somebody:

www.xbox.com/.../abuse

-

Also use this link to see the ToDo's for when an account is hacked/stolen for the person whos account got stolen:

www.xbox.com/.../What-To-Do

It explains all steps on how to regain access to his account and to remove the account and access to it from another console

-

I hope you all get it fixed and sorted quickly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.