Hackers

Are you guys going to do anything about all the hackers on the system?  I was playing Call of Duty World at War today and every room that I was in there was some one hacking into the system.  I unloaded 2 clips into them stabbed them multiple times and the just turned around and shot me once and killed me.  With the game and all the DLC i have spent almost $90 dollars and this is a load of bull that I can not enjoy my own game.  Its about time that you all do your job and band these players!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

This is why you shouldn’t play COD WAW it is a known hackers haven game and yes, MS supports these hackers and mods through the mod tools they give out on the PC. Most of these hackers are not using just their xbox system they have a PC system that would make your grandmother look like a smart person. Hacking is big business and no XBL or MS will do little for this issue, sorry but that is the reality of it. I put little stock into MP play these days it takes about two weeks before you start seeing Mods and hackers taking over the game unless there are dedicated servers, then you will still see mods but not hackers. BF3 will have dedicated servers a safer game to play in Multiplayer.

Concerning “hackers’, cheaters and modders in these games, why bother complaining to MS about it?  They didn’t make those games, so they aren’t responsible for fixing them.  You need to complain to Treyarch (CoD) about them.  Go to their website and complain about it to them and maybe they’ll take care of the problem.

Sick to death of hackers on COD4. Yes, I know it is an old game. But I pay good money to play online and I expect a duty of care for that money. Every second game has hackers, the File Complaint seems to do nothing. I meet the same hackers game after game, one guy even has writing displayed across the screen, saying to go right ahead and report. I have done, countless times and all to no avail. It is a disgrace.

Sorry to burst your bubble, "jar", but COD4 died a slooooow and very painful death a long time ago. I know so many people that "lived" for that game. People literaly let their GOLD memberships run out, no renewal, no faith in IW/M$ due to their treatment of the downfall of this EPIC game. IW AND M$ gave it up a long time ago. Between Bowling lying through his teeth and M$ "dis-mantling" the complaint system for that game, this game will just be a memory.

You should go to the COD4 forums. Start reading the "oldest" posts all the way to the newest and you can see the slide this game started, then it's eventual end. Sorry, dude.

Cheers for the reply. I am am aware that IW have a pretty horrible after care system. My problem lies with MS. If I pay for Gold membership, then I expect something in return for my money. PS3 is free and also littered with hackers on COD4. The complaint function is there for a reason, or so you would like to think. It is not as if it just a few people doing it, I cannot go for more than 2 or 3 games without coming across hackers. The only reason I bought an Xbox was to play COD4.

Not al that clued in to who Bowling is, or lying through his teeth. What I would be very interested to know is about MS dismantling the complaint system.

It is an EPIC game, and years later, it still has a large community playing it. I am not alone in wanting something done about the hackers, yet have no idea who to complain to. I was under the impression I was every time I hit the complaint button, but it turns out I was not.

Soooooooo, who do I complain to......................

It is very easy to issue bans, why is it not being done

[quote user="einherjar83"]It is very easy to issue bans, why is it not being done[/quote]

The XBL PET does, all the time. Check the Account Suspension Forum just to see a few. The problem is for every one yahoo they Ban, two more take their place. Broken Game is broken...

.....as it says when you get banned.... Make a new account! So banning does good for 10 mins, while they are making a new account. Then they go straight back at it.

[quote user="Droppin btchs"]

.....as it says when you get banned.... Make a new account! So banning does good for 10 mins, while they are making a new account. Then they go straight back at it.

[/quote]

But even given this, The XBL PET keeps track of the Console Mac Address the Profiles are being made on or used on. Enough of this and they will Perma-Ban the Console as well. Someone who also gets Banned with their profile forfeits all DLC and everything else associated with their Profile (XBL, MS Points and such).

It can be a very expensive learning for some folk and after about Console number 3 and 10 Profiles later they finally get the point.

"jar": Robert Bowling is some jerk wad from IW. He goes by "fourzerotwo (402), I believe. When people kept complaining about the hacks/mods in COD4, his favorite line/post was "a fix is on the way".  This "line" of his went on and on, with never a "fix". If you went to the IW website, that is ALL he would post, promises, promises. IW received so many complaints about COD4, they finally shut down the COD4 forums.

As far as I'm concerned, and this is MY PERSONAL OPINION, COD4 was the BEST COD game. I felt just like you about the Gold membership and M$ not doing their share. But all the "fanboys", trolls and do-gooders kept saying "it's the developers problem." They just couldn't admit that M$ could have done a better job on keeping up on their end, banning tags, banning consoles, whether the hacks/mods were the developers "problem" or not.

I know for a fact M$ has lost money due to non-renewal of Gold memberships. Dedicated gamers who really felt sleighted by M$ just went away. Several have gone to other gaming consoles, ie, PS3, PC, "On Live", etc. Some have slowly came back to Xbox Live.

As far as M$ "dis-mantling" the complaint system for COD4, that also is my personal opinion. I tried to figure out why the hackers/modders continued in COD4. Numerous complaints had been filed by numerous gamers. Film clips of cheaters/hackers/modders were posted all over the web. I even know people who made their own personal web-sites dedicated to reporting these scumbags. But it all fell on deaf ears. No response from IW, no noticeable bans from M$, as far as console bans, etc. No one, (IW/M$), cared. They milked it as long as possible, got every red cent they could get, then dropped it like a hot potato. R.I.P., COD4.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Droppin btchs"]

[/quote]

But even given this, The XBL PET keeps track of the Console Mac Address the Profiles are being made on or used on. Enough of this and they will Perma-Ban the Console as well. Someone who also gets Banned with their profile forfeits all DLC and everything else associated with their Profile (XBL, MS Points and such).

It can be a very expensive learning for some folk and after about Console number 3 and 10 Profiles later they finally get the point.

[/quote]

Maybe XBL PET should consider banning the hackers mac address! that would stop the hackers!