Hackers

some1 threatend to hack me he gave me my own ip address and told me where i live he has 2 accounts [GTs REMOVED]

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

He's talking rubbish and here's why -

1. You cannot be hacked over XBL, phished and social engineered yes but hacked never. As long as you keep your personal info to yourself you're fine. If he did have the ability to hack you he would've just done it instead of threatening you and he would've been much more stealthy about it.

2. Your IP address only gives you a vague and I do mean vague idea of where you are. We're not talking streets and houses here but whole towns & cities. Nine times out of ten your IP also places you miles away from where you really are. Someone on here always points out how his IP address put his location as being in some bushes outside of a factory five miles away. Unless he gave you your exact address then you have nothing to worry about.

3. As it stands all you can do is file a complaint, set them to avoid, block communications (don't message them after blocking as this unblocks them), wait for them to turn up in account suspensions and then laugh heartily when they do so.

4. We'll have no naming & shaming in here thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.