Hacked/Stollen all my MS Points.

Well apparently this isn't "new" news but I've been a part of the community for around 7 years now. (not this gamertag) And I've never experienced this before yesterday. So I get home from work and I'm just relaxing on the couch and I pull up my Xbox Smart Glass App on my Iphone just to see what my friends were up too and come to find out.. I have 2 new achievements added to my Gamerscore... and like I said before.. I have been at work all day. And no nobody else was on my Xbox FYI. So I check it and its for Fifa 13..and I'm really curious now seeing as though I've never played Fifa13 before not even the demo..so I do some research and I find out about all the hacks and yada yada and everyone is saying they steal MS points to buy Fifa crap and of course all my points are gone and they've been used for fifa DLC..So I called Microsoft and talked to a rep and sorted everything out and i will be receiving all my points back and the 2 Xbox's that had access to my gamertag will be banned off of xbox live. If you ask me stealing 40 dollars of points isn't worth getting your console banned. Smh. If you ask me they should be put on community service so they can learn how to work.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If you feel that your account has been compromised, you need to contact xbox support immediately.  

He already has and they've solved the situation. That is mentioned in his post.

Thanks voteDC, I missed that part.  Reading comprehension at it's finest!  :)

happened to me as well.  just opened up a ticket today about it.  this happened on 3/6/2013.  someone logged in with my account was on long enough to achieve 2 fifa 13 gamer achievements,  and spent about 5k worth of my points.  i highly doubt the person(s) responsible will be banned.  if you google search "fifa stolen xbox points" this apparently has been happening since 2011.  why has microsoft and ea not addressed this?  all i hear is watch out for phishing,  change your password,  don't use the same password on different websites.  im in IT for a living and i for a fact know i wasn't a victim of phishing,  same passwords, etc etc.

If your silly enough to use the same login information for both your EA account and your MS account its your own fault really

I dont know what to say, but to agree with Viral Cyrix really.

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

If your silly enough to use the same login information for both your EA account and your MS account its your own fault really

[/quote]I thought XBL was supposed to be secure, and so is EA, so because they were not secure the users had their data stolen, it's hardly their fault that someone found an exploit and used it, it's the fault of the exploit and the people that allowed their security to have the gaping hole and the theives that stole the data.

This has also happened to Microsoft employees too.

Microsoft has also had several security breaches in the last few weeks aswell.

Check out IGN if you don't believe me.

I recall reading a fair number of incidents of the "FIFA hack" over the last year, and quite a few of them claimed they didn't even have EA accounts.  So, I'm not so sure that's the answer to how this is happening.

I dont know of many gamers who havnt played an EA game on 360 if you haveitcreates the account for you using the same information by default unless you change it

Some of those affected did state that they have never played an EA title.  That aside, does it explicitly state that an account is being set up in your name, using your LIVE information, when you begin playing the game?  Because, if not, I don't see any possible way that's the user's fault.