Hacked...

Very disappointed, got two emails from paypal yesterday saying i purchased 6000 and 4000 xbox live points for a total of close to 130 dollars. Money came out of my account and now i have a negative balance and charges to my checking account. Someway, somehow someone got into my xbox live account and helped themselves to a bunch of points...one would think that microsoft, being the biggest and baddest software company on the planet, could protect thier customers security a little better than this..i knew i should have spent the extra few dollars and bought the playstation 3, then i wouldnt have to pay to be online, pay to get hacked, and pay to play. If someone asked me tomorrow, xbox or playstation 3..i would have to say playstation 3 if you like to keep money in your checking account! VERY DISAPPOINTED XBOX LIVE! you can and should do better than this! If Alex Garden reads this, i accept donations to my paypal account at [MOD EDIT] or a couple years worth of free xbox live may change my mind, or i would kinda like to have a river jet boat. Any help is appreciated. 

Robert [MOD EDIT]

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I would really like to be playing battlefield 3 online right now instead of typing on the forums.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Done that, now im waiting on the email to verify my account all over again so i can get signed back onto LIVE. I hope they find the hacker and file charges, i would gladly do so if Microsoft wanted me to.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="RJ42968"]

i knew i should have spent the extra few dollars and bought the playstation 3, then i wouldnt have to pay to be online, pay to get hacked, and pay to play. If someone asked me tomorrow, xbox or playstation 3..i would have to say playstation 3 if you like to keep money in your checking account!

[/quote]

I guess you missed that huge news story about Sony allowing their customers to be compromised because they didn't worry about their security? I think it was something like a million customers potentially getting their identities stolen and their online service down for weeks to fix it. I don't recall MS ever having a similar problem with Live. Funny huh?

Btw I'm willing to bet your issue is either caused by a third party site you signed up for, like EA, or your own fault because of a weak password.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you believe your account has been 'hacked' then you need to call Support and open an Unauthorised Access Case support.xbox.com/call-us.

-

They'll refund you if they find in your favour.

Sorry this didn't help.