Hacked

Ok so the past few days have been frustrating but i managed to get my account hacked. The hacker so to speak used my console ID

and Gamertag to make purchases with my credit card. I called my bank and they reviewed the odd purchases and said that they would

contact xbox to see what happened. Im just wondering what I can do to prove that I didn't make the purchases and i indeed was

hacked. This hacker stole my identity, account, credit card info, home address and IP address. The monthly credit card bill shows that

it was "me" who bought theses items when in reality it was the hacker. My bank says if they believe that i was hacked they will refund

the money that was spent by this third party hacker. Any advice on how to guarantee that everything works out well in the end?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi,

You need to contact Xbox Support immediately when you suspect this sort of activity happening. It's not possible for the "hacker" to use your console ID to actually make purchases as they would need to physically have access to your console and in turn make it so you or someone you knew that personally had access to your console made those purchases.

The only way what you're saying would be possible is if the "hacker" had your e-mail and your password and was able to recover your account onto another console (not your own) to make these purchases, and if that is the case Xbox Support can look into it and confer with your bank to get the charges reversed.

It's also not possible for the "hacker" to have your full credit card number, just the last 4 digits that are shown on the Xbox LIVE account. Either way, you will need to reach out to Xbox Support by visiting this page here. Once you're at the support page click Billing and Memberships under Account Management click  Unauthorized charges and then finally Request a Call.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

While playing grand theft auto 5, somebody killed me so killed him back and he sent me a message  with my I.P. address and threatened to hack me. his name was [Mod Removed].

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.