hacked???????

I accepted a friend requests from a couple of guys i was chatting to when playing black ops, one of them i received and accepted. The other guy messaged my to say hi and I hadnt even got his friend request, Since all of this ' confusion ' I have had problems with my account ie; when i sign in a notification pops up to say I have 2 friends online but once im on the dashboard it says 1 friend online. the notification always adds 1 to the actual number of online friends. Basically it always says I have got one more friend signed in than I have actually got. Is it possible to have been hacked during the confusing friend requests episode? If so how do I sort it out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote]

Strictly speaking, you cannot be "hacked" on Xbox LIVE; that is to say no one can forcibly take your information from our servers. Please make sure that your WLID and password are both strong and secret. Do not share this information with ANYONE! Also remember that no Microsoft of Xbox employee or support agent will ever ask you for this information.

If someone on Xbox LIVE is threatening to "hack" you, or they are asking for your WLID and/or password, you should let us know! These activities are strictly against our Terms of Use and we are serious about its enforcement.

[/quote]

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/26/t/19139.aspx

While it does seem like a strange issue, it's unlikely that you have been hacked. Might just be a weird glitch with your system. Try clearing the cache on your console and see if the notifications are still weird. 

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

All I can think of is retesting the network or clearing the cache. Sorry for the lack of answer but all the same I hope it helped!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.