Hacked since Sept. and still waiting!

I was hacked on Sept. 12th and close to $20 in MS points were stolen and used to buy Call of Duty and Fable DLC, which I found out about and reported on 9/15.  My account was then locked and I was told it would take 25 days to investigate, but since I didn't have a credit card on file (thank god!) and only pre-paid points were stolen, it would only take one to two weeks max.  So a couple days later I get a call telling me the investigation was restarted because of a name change on my account from years ago, but still one to two weeks for the investigation.  So I called back on 10/13, they tell me it's still under investigation, no other notes, besides it should be done in one to two weeks.  Called back on 10/28, they tell me the same thing.  On 11/11, the agent told me he had nothing to tell me, no ETA, no progress, nothing (really??!).  However, he did tell me he'd forward my case to a different department in hopes of getting it finished faster.  However, it's been two months and I'm still without my Live account and my stolen points refunded!  I missed out on so many game launches and XBL sales because of this nonsense!

Also, I'm sorry to create yet another thread on this hacking situation, but it's really frustrating and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere with these customer service guys.  At this point, I feel like my only option is to file a complaint with BBB.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Your frustrations is noted but i don't think the forum support can actually help you with that. You'd have to call xbox support for more info and they can't i'm afraid you have to wait :/

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I want to call support again, but I don't how much good that'll do.  For people who have gotten their accounts back, do you find that hounding Customer Service helped you get it back and how often did you call?

Sorry this didn't help.

My account was also hacked around the same time yours was. I have called about five times since I filled the report. I get the same answer every time " investigations are completed by a third party and we are unable to access information about the investiigation" the only thing they tell me is that they are sorry and they will put a note on the account and that the investigation is still pending.... I'm really getting peeved about this whole ordeal.....

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi guys for some reason i have was for 10/31/9999 or something like thar

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here. I'm in the same situation. Except mine happened back on July 9th. Still waiting and being told the exact same thing as everyone else. They spent it on Black Ops Map Packs, Uno (Arcade Game), and like 2 other DLCs (picture packs I think). I had 1900 something points and was left with only 30 points. But they also Migrated my account to Brazil. Oh and I wasn't even on Gold. I was on Silver.

Sorry this didn't help.

Wow, since July?? =O That doesn't make me very confident.  I just filed a complaint with BBB and recommend you guys do the same if it's been considerably past the 25 business days.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Great news!!  I got my account back today!!  I guess the BBB complaint I filed yesterday really helped!  I'm really shocked that it only took a day! Thank you BBB!  I got my 1760 points back and 3 months of gold.  Thank you for finally helping me MS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Good, I just filed mine today.  October 12th Mine was hacked, told 25 days, then told 22-28 days.  End of the timeline for me, tired of the bs microsoft ran me around with.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm happy for you, I really am that you got your account back. And I hope everyone gets theirs back soon. But have you considered the fact that - with your filing with the BBB, someone else's case got shoved out of the way? See BillowyPanther4's post up there, who got hacked in July. My account got hacked on September 11th (still waiting).

Yes, I'm frustrated - but not enough to file a complaint and perhaps *** over a fellow gamer.

Sorry this didn't help.

His account was migrated, mine hasnt.  If you read more posts you see the migrated accounts are taking and have taken longer to get back.  You also can file for the BBB, its essentially a violation of service for them to keep making up "deadlines" when we have paid for a service.  They have changed their timeline on me 3 times now and are now saying that It was not filed correctly on October 12th on their end and was filed offically on November 7th.  So yea, im ticked off enough to file a grievance for this situation.

Sorry this didn't help.