hacked microsoft account

I've been an xbox live gold member for 3 years on my main xbox live profile, and have made a few purchases of dlc, arcade games and avatar items, as well as earning just over 8000 GS. My microsoft account was hacked, and I have tried changing passwords, sms recovery and the questionnaire (several times), but all to no avail. Now the xbox wants me to sign into my profile using the proofs, but as my account was hacked, I can't access it any more, so can no longer play online (as of today). I have had to make this xbox live profile just to be able to post on this forum, although I want my old account (Harley Quinn 83) moved onto this email address instead of my old one. The microsoft people will just tell me to go and do the questionnaire to verify who I am, but as I didn't use the email address much, there's not much information I can actually put on the form. I've already had the reply back numerous times as I've not provided enough information.

Is there any way I can move my profile over with my purchases and gamerscore to my new email address while the old one is still blocked? I can't even get into the account to change the credit card as the old one expires this month

Claire Hamer

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 99 Applies to:

Im so sorry about the inconvienience. Contact microsoft/xbox support. They should be able to verify you're account, and protect it from this hacker. Im so sorry about this. If you can some how access the profile and security settings you can switch you're current profile to a different email address. Once microsoft verifies they should be able to help :) It is an annoying process but it helps :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, but that's the problem, my profile logs in, but offline only. If i try to log into xbox live online, it asks for passwords which no longer work. Password recovery and the form asking for email subjects and contacts is a joke, when I only needed the email address for my xbox live profile. I've just made another microsoft account, this time without an xbox live profile, just in case somehow microsoft or xbox can move my profile for me.

I've rang them before and they just pointed me in the direction of the form and password reset pages :-(

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, you have no other choice friend.  Having been thru that myself I know this for a fact: you will have to go thru the account verification.  No way around it.  No need to post here trying to get around it because you can't.  You will just have to keep trying.  It took me some six emails and just about as many months to satisfy MS' questions.  If you indeed are unable to answer their questions then you only have two choices: keep trying or just give up the account and start a new one.

Sorry this didn't help.

1) Take the addresse to account.live.com/password/reset for the password reset

2) If you can't reset it, go to http://account.live.com/acsr SAVE THE EMAILS SENT TO YOU

3) If that fails, contact Support and provide them with the Console ID number from Settings | System | Console Settings | System Info (it's on the 2nd line) and the reference number from the email sent to you in Step 2, and submit a UE Request to have Microsoft Accounts send you a password reset. It is faster to have the Agent call you by going to http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:6:3 or you can look up the phone number from the 1st web link in the .sig shown below.

4) Should all THAT fail,

A)  Complete the security information by clicking on the Edit Security Info link below. Make sure to add the Security Question down below as well as a cellular number in the Phone Numbers field and an alternate email address which is different from the Microsoft Account address.

B) Then, enter http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=242792 in the address bar of your browser. Fill in the form there, with the subject EMAIL BEHIND MICROSOFT ID IS BROKEN - give a good working email where their support folks can find you. Do NOT mention Xbox else the Microsoft Accounts folks will drop you like a hot potato. Once you send the email, you should receive a response within a day, the gods willing.

Sorry this didn't help.