Hacked Lobby! HELP!

My friend was on Call of Duty 4 and he started a game. Nothing was different, just a normal game, then it starts lagging. I backed out, but he called me. He couldn't back out and his Xbox wouldn't shut off. He couldn't move but his player was doing weird things. Thing a title went across the screen saying, "Taking Points, Shutting Off Will Result In Account Hacked!". He started panicking and just stayed. After it was done, he got kicked to dashboard and couldn't "Find Match" on CoD4. He wasn't deranked, but his Barracks said they were reset. His clan tag was [mod removed]. So instead of playing, he checked to make sure his account was safe and the password wasn't changed or anything, but his 1360 Microsoft Points were gone. He wrote the person's gamertag that popped up. It was: [mod removed]

He cleared his System Cache and still couldn't play! I told him to just wait, but it never fixed until I invited him to a game and he was able to join, but he still can't find matches. Please help! He stole his points! That isn't right.

My friend's gamertag is: [mod removed].

I want to remain unknown so he doesn't hack me. Thank you. Please reply to my email or message [mod removed]. Email: [mod removed]

Question Info

Last updated August 30, 2018 Views 175 Applies to:

Well, there goes being unknown.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You are not allowed to call out other players on the forums and should remove the email address you listed as it opens the tag up to being compromised.

If you find yourself in a modded lobby immediately back out and shut down the console (unplug if necessary).  No one can hack the console or your gamertag from the live service.  

What more than likely happened was someone got into the servers and messed with the stats from there.  I'm afraid that your friend will probably not be able to get back online from that gamertag but he should contact the developer to file a complaint.

In the meantime use the dashboard reporting tools to report the person responsible (go to their bio and select File Complaint then follow the instructions).  Then avoid and block the person so you won't run into this from them again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Trust me, Call of Duty 4 is nowadays alot of mods, modded lobbies, deranking lobbies, rank hack lobbies...

I recomment playing Modern Warfare 3 since it has great community and almost impossible to mod, since I seen you want a fair game.

Sorry this didn't help.

If anything happens like that. Quickly go to ur xbox and unplug it, the hacker trys to intimidate you. Ive been through people like that on gta and cod 4. They cant hack you from there. So like i said quickly unplug the xbox, wait like 5-10 minutes (if you want to be even safer you could wait like an hour or so) and then plug it back in. 

Sorry this didn't help.

So your gonna tell us that we cant CALL OUT others because they are HACKING SOMEONES game and taking away THEIR money on xbox. This is why you, Bill Gates, and other employees cant do nothin. You dont do nothin about this type of stuff. You never fix any type of bugs on xbox one such as the SLOWNESS and PERFORMANCE issues we have. Honestly i think im just gonna move to PlayStation, cause their PERFORMANCE on their menu or home screen is so much better than yours. 

Sorry this didn't help.

You can contact the developer to be taken care of the issue, since they are the ones in charge of keeping maintenance of their games and servers. 

Sorry this didn't help.

How do i do that because i wanna tell them that instead of adding features and stuff how about fixing these issues that goes on

Sorry this didn't help.

Please be aware of the date of the thread before posting. If you encounter a player breaking the code of conduct please use the tools on your console to report them. The forums is not a place to name and shame other users. 
Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.