Hacked as well, But Using Gold Family Plan... Have yall seen this??

on September 25, 2011, i was awoken to a call from my bank stating fraudulent charges may have been placed. they stated that 2 charges to xbox live were made. im thinking to myself, "i just bought the 2 year promotion for $85, i should have over a year and a half left." so i get online and see the 2 charges, one for $74.99 and one for $29.99. basically, someone bought a family plan and put them self under the account, then bought 6000 points and transferred it to there account. ALSO, they took 400 of my original points. i called Xbox live and started the investigation process immediately. AFTER, i got off the phone with them, i realized i should check my email for any mail about the situation. and sure enough i had 3 emails.

1st was Purchase Confirmation for 6000 microsoft points

2nd wasGold family 12 month purchase

3rd was a Points Transfer transaction from your account was successful, the Recipient being RancidBloom3

in all, i was taken for $105. yea, they got me. this is some BS

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

it's happening with more and more regularity. Microsoft can simply setup security at the point of sale (which they're very reluctant to do) or set safeguards in place to make it incredibly difficult to transfer points to another account.... but they haven't in the many years that this has been happening and they will resist it until it is unavoidable. Which maybe soon. MY MP and BBC watchdog have already replied asking for details.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.