Hacked Accounts. Something Needs to Be Done.

Hey all, like so many others my account was hacked, happened on Nov 5.  Their is obviously something going on here and Microsoft and EA are keeping it under the rug.  It clearly states under their terms of use that our private information will be protected and it clearly wasn't.  Now someone knows my name, address, and other information and thats all they need to act in my name.  They can easily sign up for a new CC and bam there goes my credit.  I'm just wondering if this situation is class action lawsuit worthy if everyone affected got together, [petitions are not permitted on the forums].  Microsoft doesn't seem too concerned about this so maybe they need a kick in the rear end with something like this.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Agreed.  I wish they'd acknowledge a problem here.  I'm very careful online, don't sign up for random things or click links in e-mails (especially the junk e-mail accounts I use for things like Live) etc. so I definitely was not phished.  My info was compromised somewhere be it MS, EA or somewhere else linked to the account (can't think of anything else that would be linked up unless my hotmail just got hacked--but Live is the only place I've had any fraud issues).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.