GWFL won't connect, but it doesn't tell me why.

It doesn't actually give me an error message, it basically just shrugs.

"The LIVE service may be unavailable, or there may be an issue with your home networking equipment or firewall. To check LIVE service status, go to www.xbox.com/support."

I exited out of the game (Dark Souls for PC) and restarted it, and that's how long it took for this problem to pop up. It's not the firewall because five minutes before this happened I was playing online just fine, and it's not the router itself because before and after restarting it my roommates were playing Killing Floor/DC Universe/whatever just fine. Hell, I was playing Borderlands 2 online with no problems after this issue cropped up. I reset the router anyway and surprise, surprise, nothing was fixed because nothing was broken.

When I click on Network Status, I get this:

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8539/2013020900001.jpg

I've tried xbox.com/support, and when it failed to do anything but spit advice at me for my nonexistant xbox 360 without even giving me the option to troubleshoot a computer, I was completely unsurprised.

All this happened last night, but my buddy had the same mystery issue and it just vanished into thin air for him after a while, so I was hoping it would do the same for me. He's had this happen multiple times, but every time he waited it out it would take anywhere from 6 hours to 3 days. I'd much rather actually have a solution for it besides praying to whatever gods govern Microsoft's online service.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Same problem since this morning...  ( i think you should hide your ip adress bye the way ^^' i think its a bit dangerous to share it with people )  

We are not the only one in this situation, i saw one or two topic telling that, no reponse of course... But we are not alone ><  , hope that Micosoft gods like you say gonna share us a news about that or something...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've been getting this intermittently for the last few days, and coninuously since last night (Friday night, CST). It's frustrating that there's nobody to contact on the weekends about this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here, started yesterday evening.

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont understand how a problem like that cannot be solved about so long time ... I really don't like the GFWL system, it's worse now ^^' ...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello  RedNounNumbers.

The GFWL support team is looking into the issue right now. Unfortunately, many user are  unable to sign in to GFWL or play online.

To keep you updated on  the GFWL Status, you can read yesterday's announcement made by an official Microsoft support member .

forums.xbox.com/.../455946.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.