Guys I apologize, I have tried everything and I am missing one thing

Cable Modem

Ethernet

Router : Cisco E4200

I have read extensively for two days and learned a lot before bothering anyone. I know it is my NAT, I have read on how to open ports but I saw a post that on some routers (bought it last week) you can use the DMZ setting to allow a single IP to get through and enter a destination IP  on the router and you are good to go. Problem is (and one of you is gonna get a hoot out of this... bring it on.. I deserve it) I cannot find the IP to my xbox. NOW HOLD ON... trust me.. I have gone through the dashboard to "settings" than "system settings" than "console settings" and of course "system info" and the IP should appear on the right when highlighted. All it shows is the current dashboard version. I have tried to go to "network settings" (first thing I tried) and it WILL NOT let me get there. I am only given the option to click on "wired network" or "wireless network" and of course it tells me you must have a wired connection connected to blah,blah, blah.

Guys, I have tried to take care of this myself and not bother anybody but the last piece of the puzzle is the consoles IP and I have read every post and watched every tutorial but it will not let me access it!

Thank you for any and all help!

Me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Crap, I think I bumped a couple times by accident... come on I am 40 years old... MY BAD... of course I am getting kind of concerned about this banned thing. I play RPG's by myself and never really go online I just want my updates... scary

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you ever had your xbox console connected to Live.  Or are you trying to setup a new console?  If it is a new console, it won't have an IP address.  By default, the router hands out IP addresses (DHCP) to any device on your network trying to access the internet.

As far as not being able to access network settings, that's a new one for me.  Do you have parental controls enabled on your console?  That might restrict you being able to change the network settings - just a guess.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you can try is port forwarding, getting the IP address for your console via that then unforwarding the ports and going through the DMZ process.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Gentleman, it is not a new console kinda.. I did the whole red ring and they sent me another one but I know for a fact I have definitely connected to LIve with this guy. The only new factor is the router, I have all the specs for port forwarding (there is even a header under the router settings for "applications and gaming" that includes "port forwarding") I just saw the DMZ fix and it looks like it is promising but... very weird that my xbox IP is nowhere to be found. Swear to the entity that looks after gamers mo2s17 that the settings are not in their usual places but I will definitely check the parental controls. VemierSlake I will try the port forwarding to acquire the IP and I even looked up the cable modem model and they tell me it is not a double NAT thing. I am just going to try the suggestions you Gentleman suggested and see what happens!

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="wiley wascal"]

Thanks Gentleman, it is not a new console kinda.. I did the whole red ring and they sent me another one but I know for a fact I have definitely connected to LIve with this guy. The only new factor is the router, I have all the specs for port forwarding (there is even a header under the router settings for "applications and gaming" that includes "port forwarding") I just saw the DMZ fix and it looks like it is promising but... very weird that my xbox IP is nowhere to be found. Swear to the entity that looks after gamers mo2s17 that the settings are not in their usual places but I will definitely check the parental controls. VemierSlake I will try the port forwarding to acquire the IP and I even looked up the cable modem model and they tell me it is not a double NAT thing. I am just going to try the suggestions you Gentleman suggested and see what happens!

[/quote]

If you haven't previously connected to live using this router, then your xbox will not have an IP address.  When you unplugged your old router and plugged this one in, all your IP addresses would have started over.  That is how the default (DHCP - Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) setting works.  Under DHCP, anytime you shut your router off, or it loses power, all your devices are assigned new IP addresses the next time you connect to the internet.

For example, if you have to type 192.168.1.1 to access your router configuration page, then under DHCP the next device to connect would be given 192.168.1.2 and so on.  When you are able to access your network settings on your console, you should choose a static IP that won't interfer with the other devices on your network.  You can do that by choosing something like 192.168.1.100 (naturally, the first 3 sets of numbers would be the same as what you use to access your router configuration page xxx.xxx.x.100).

Good Luck

Sorry this didn't help.