Guitar Hero: WOR Guitar fault? Menu guide keeps popping up when playing?

Just bought a new Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Guitar. When i put batteries in, the guitar turned on by itself. i then turned on my xbox and sync'd it. I went to play a game and all seemed to be working okay. i then went to press the guide button on it and nothing... I figured, what the heck, it's no biggy, i'll just take the batteries out when i'm not using it. Then something weird started happening. The guide button would keep popping up everytime i strum up (or down for that matter) it's very intermittent aswell. like now, it's working fine, no guide pop up. but i know in a minute it'll start popping up everytime i strum down or up. 

I'm not stupid, though. I assume it's a fault with the guide button as that is the only button that doesn't respond when pressed. What i want to know is, is there a way of cleaning it? if taken apart? to make it work again? has anyone else had this issue? Sometimes the guide button appears with friends and messages and other times it gives me the option to turn off controller and console. but i can't navigate as when i strum down an option, the menu goes off but pressing again brings it back up.  Any cleaning solutions? (i have had the guide button work for like 10 minutes when i took the batteries out and put back in. the fault changes intermittently) i've got brand new batteries in and still the same. I'm unable to turn off the guitar unless i remove the batteries. Any cleaning ideas would be greatly appreciated, or where to clean?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:
Answer

As this is not a problem with something that Microsoft has made I would suggest reaching out to the manufacturer of the item.  Since you say it was new, you should just bring it back to the retailer for an exchange.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.