Guardians of middle-earth - any good?

Just noticed it on the marketplace - curious if anyones tried it and what its like (cant find any reviews)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Went to see The Hobbit yesterday and absolutely loved it! so i'm in the mood for some Middle-Earth shenanigans on me xbox. I usually end up with a crapload of MS points over xmas so i'll probably give this a whirl in the xmas break.

I haven't enjoyed a LOTR game since Battle For Middle Earth 2, so im usually skeptical. However i may just get it after watching the Hobbit. Seems to be the natural reaction.

Cheers! - seem's pretty decent.

I'm going to see the Hobbit thursday and have a feeling i'll be in an 'all things Tolkien' mood after, so I might give this a go. 

Had a quick go of the trial Seems ok but not worth 1200 pts imo.

I watched the review from Machinima and they seemed to rate it well, only downside was that the AI was dumb in bots mode, so it really needs a solid community to take off, I can see this being quite a problem especially at this time of year. One other thing I noticed was it has a season pass in the arcade store??

[quote user="marknally"]

I watched the review from Machinima and they seemed to rate it well, only downside was that the AI was dumb in bots mode, so it really needs a solid community to take off, I can see this being quite a problem especially at this time of year. One other thing I noticed was it has a season pass in the arcade store??

[/quote]

I've read a few of the reviews now and a few times they mentioned about the "Dumb Bots" ...

Overall though it's getting some good feedback.

Going to try the demo when I get home, hope it doesn't disappoint.

Was interested as well, will watch some of the video reviews out there!