GTA V Games On Demand

I purchased GTA V via Games on Demand. For the first few weeks wverything was fine but for the last 2 - 3 weeks. I have been unable to play. I get a Disk Read Error. I am told that my xbox cannot read the disk. Xbox cannot read the disk on a downloaded game. I tried erasing the game re-downloading several times to no avail. Has anyone else seen this error. How did you handle it. I kind feel like I just threw 60$ out the window. 

Games on Demand is a great thing but unless this is figured out I won't be buying any more games this way. Considering the time it takes to download, I can goto the store and back and to pay the same price as a disk based game with the manual and other assorted packaging is crazy....But don't get me wrong, If there is a game I want bad enough and can't get a pre-order. Ill be right here downloading it to the ole' xbox rather than waiting in the cold for a midnight release lol. 

Please help. I really want to play GTA V

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I understand you have tried deleting the game, but how about clearing the cache while the game was removed? Try following the steps in order, I added instructions for each in case your forgot.

-

Uninstall the game:

1. Go to your Dashboard

2. Go to Settings, and select System

3. Select Storage, and select Hard Drive

4. Press ' Y ' over Grand Theft Auto: V

5. Delete the game

-

Clear your cache:

1. Go back to storage, one more time.

2. Press ' Y ' on Hard Drive

3. Select Clear System Cache

-

Now try installing the game to your Xbox Console. Do not power off our Xbox Console or remove its Hard Drive while the installation is taking place, or you may need to restart this process.

-

Good luck, and happy gaming!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok thanks. Ill give this a shot. I already cleared the cache but idk if I did it in the order you listed above.

Thanks for you help

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.