GS Issue

I've recently returned from a 2 year hiatus from Xbox and have started to play a lot again. Before I stopped playing, I shared this account with my brother, and one day he modded about 5000 gamerscore onto my account without my permission. He no longer has access to my account now, but I still have the 5000 or so modded gamerscore on my account that I would like removed.

I have just had a long conversation with your xbox staff member 'Rothee' on your live chat, and they said that the modded gamerscore would be able to be removed from my account without impeding on my other, completely legit gamerscore. However, I was told to post here in order for an enforcement officer to remove the gamerscore. I can provide a list of everything that my brother modded if that helps.

I am worried that if I leave it there, any other progress that I make in gamerscore could be removed because people don't know the full story. I have spent lots of money on xbox and would not want my progress to be taken away.

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Unfortunately you were given some incorrect information.

No one on the forums can reset your gamerscore. In order for the enforcement team to investigate you would have to have someone file a complaint on your account via the console.

When a gamerscore is reset, they remove all of your gamerscore, not just the modded portion, and you are labelled a cheater. You are no longer able to re-earn any of the previous achievements you had on your account before the reset.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.