Green Xbox Logo then Black Green

Not impressed at all. This is my second Xbox after my first had a crappy power supply. I turn my system on and it's a green screen with the xbox logo then goes black. What do I do to fix this? Did a pre order of Forza 6 and blow a hundred bucks to have this happen.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

First eject any disc in your console, then hold the Xbox power button for 10 seconds until it turns off. Now press and hold BOTH the Power button and the Eject button together for 5-10 seconds until the Xbox turns on. This should boot it into low resolution mode. If you get past the black screen, go to Settings, Display & Sound, and change the resolution to fit your TV.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

eG x Thee Elf, I tried doing this multiple times and I still cannot get it to go past the black screen.  Is there a certain amount of time I should expect it to take?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi CorrBrown,

There is something that may help, if you visit this thread HERE and give that a try there is a chance it will work. I have helped a few people with the same issue and as yet it's been around a 75% success rate.

Just something to note, if it is you don't hear the two power on tones as described in the instructions on the offline system diagnostics website then try connecting the flash drive to a different USB port on the Xbox.

Good Luck.

Sorry this didn't help.