Green screen then black screen

Same as everyone else's problems.  Was a plain green screen, now a plain black screen.  Dealt with customer service all day (he was very nice) and was told there would be an update pushed through to fix this.  I don't seem to see this happening so I don't know.  I think it is ridiculous that you have to front the money to get a replacement after you just paid all that money to get the thing in the first place.  Stores don't have stock to replace these for you either so basically you are out of luck.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 33 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello teenheat!

-

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. What color is the power supply on your Xbox One? Plus, does the green screen occur before you are able to reach the home screen? You may want to wait before trying to reset your console to see if the green screen is there because the console is downloading an update. Also, the servers are currently being overloaded with activity. This has influenced the green screen issue. I quote here directly from RedSVO: [quote user="RedSVO"]

There appears that there may be an issue with the servers being overloaded with all the update activity. Support is asking folks to wait about an hour or so while they work on the issue. This may be the reason your green screen is not going away.

In the meantime, an alternative is to setup a call with a Support Representative and ask for the "Emergency Offline update" link. I have heard a number of users are reporting that using this method gets their system up and running. You can choose your contact method at the following page: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us [/quote]

-

If the problem persists, please have patience. I understand you want to play your new console. Unplugging the power chord and waiting a bit before plugging it back in (to the wall) was also suggested. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, it is just a black screen now, it no longer goes to the green screen, so it does nothing, and never did anything but go to the green screen.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem. You're going to have to put in for an advance exchange. I just happened to pay down my cc the other day so i had room. I've been on  hold for 1:50:08 waiting for microsoft support, i'm going to try and get them to expedite the shipping. I talked to a guy on the phone earlier today and he was useless but i got a girl on the support chat that really helped. the wait time on the chat is far shorter than the phone.

[To Admins] how do you mess up two launches in row like this? Didn't you learn your lesson from the 360?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did they say that they could expedite the shipping and how long that would take?

Sorry this didn't help.

You might want to try the support chat for that, as it may be faster than trying to get an answer here. There are a lot of posts being made in this thread, since the launch of the Xbox One is having lots of issues. Sorry to hear, I hope your issue is resolved shortly. I'll admit that it is a mess at this time, but things should get sorted out eventually.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've talked to someone over the phone and done the chat thing three times, the problem has not been resolved.  The people online try to get me to call to get a replacement and the people on the phone tell me that I don't need to get a replacement that there is a fix coming.

Sorry this didn't help.

There is a major queue on the phone chat, so unfortunately you may have to wait a while to find out whether or not they can expedite the shipping for you. I'm not sure how long that would take, I've tried searching but there seems to be no current answer anywhere on the forums. Hang tight and I'm sure one will arise soon. If there is a update to patch the issue like you say they are suggesting, then I would wait before sending in the console for a replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, I just don't know because I don't want to wait on this patch and then nothing come through and then put through the request for the new system and then holiday hits and I go two weeks without something I already paid for.

Sorry this didn't help.

I was told to take my unite back to Bestbuy. Bestbuy told me to contact Microsoft. FU%$ you spend $550 on a unit and you can't even get it to work. Great job Microsoft! Not a happy customer here, maybe thats why everything else I own is apple. :(

Do the right thing and get all the people with dead units replacements ASAP and at no charge to us.

Sorry this didn't help.

yupp this is also happening to me. It goes green for a few minutes then it goes completely black but the xbox and kinect are still on.

Sorry this didn't help.