Green Screen after 24 hours of playing fully.

Hello Microsoft, ambassadors and other forums goers alike!

I am writing here today to describe my green screen issue with my xbox one.

I received my xbox one at about 3pm local time on the 22nd and played for a fair while that day with no hiccups barring some reasoned shouting at Kinect.

The fun began when at about 7pm local on the 23rd I left the room with the xbox one on and when I returned about 15min later my xbox one was off. Perplexed as I was at the time I thought that perhaps it had tried to update and switched itself off. Anyhoo I tried voice commanding it on and it stoically refused. Then I tried the tried and true method of turning it on by the power button. This is where I came to the green screen. My green screen appears to be different from others as I have had 24 hours of joy with the system only for it to fail when my back was turned. Another small note is that as with others I have seen my xbox symbol (on the green screen) pulsing as if its active, but others have said that the Kinect lights up and becomes active by lighting up, mines does not. The final point to say here is that I took the box out and replaced it with my fathers xbox one which obeyed all commands and I could play on his. This at least proves that all my components are functioning but the unit does not.

If I get a response that would resolve this issue without sending it to microsoft then I'll be surprised but if I have no response but you are experiencing this issue then don't worry you are not alone.

Dnaxis.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Dnaxis :)

During the freeze when  you start it up, can you please hold down your finger on the power button for 5 - 10 seconds? This will clear the consoles cache and reboot it. Let me know how that goes for you.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Cloud

Thankyou for the quick response! But alas either it is not working or I am incorrectly performing this task.

If I let the console get to and wait at green screen then hold the power button it turns off after about 3 seconds and does not reboot. If I try this at any other point in the powering on cycle the console just turns off after 3 seconds.

Sorry If you need to repeat yourself but either the cache has cleared and its still got an issue or I haven't even tried clearing the cache yet.

Dnaxis

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello again Cloud.

Quick update is that I appear to have got somewhere. But backwards seems to be the order of the day. Now when I turn on the console it lights up but never gets to the green screen. Is this now dead?

Dnaxis

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there :)

Could you try leaving it on the blank screen for a small while? Or have you already given it enough time since your latest update?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello

In answer to the above I have left it on maybe for 5 minutes but more worrying is that the television is reporting that there is no detected video output.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. Okay at this point I would suggest going through to phone support. Taking your freezing into consideration, they would be the best place to go.

You can reach the support hub by heading over to this page HERE.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Sorry this didn't help.