Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters - What a pile of crap

Dear lord this game is a pile of utter old bull crap.

Dodgy graphics, annoying controls because of the right analogue stick controlling dodge. You have the choice of moves which do damage but you don't get to pull them off half the time because of enemies which can shoot you out of view, or weak attacks which you can actually hit with but take so long to kill that you can quickly get overwhelmed, especially when a damn mini-boss joins in.

I confess that as a movie tie-in I should perhaps have not had high hopes for the game but I've been a GL fan for years. However this game reminds me of Too Human, as it seems to share many of that games flaws.

Still on the plus side Captain America: Super Soldier seems to be okay, even if the controls are a little sluggish. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I found both a fairly easy 1000G, but you're right GL is awfully cheap. CA is a reasonable game as movie tie-ins go, just a shame about so many collectibles!

I just can't see a reason to keep playing Green Lantern, voice work is decent but that is hardly incentive enough to go for the 1000g.

It actually makes Terminator Salvation look decent by comparison.

Are there any decent movie tie ins?

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[/quote]Captain America: Super Soldier seems pretty good so far. Not a triple A game by any means but you get the feeling that the people working on it did want to make the best title they were able.
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a great hack and slash title, if a little repetitive.

I think a case that James Bond 007: Blood Stone is a movie tie-in could be made, at least to the series since it features the likenesses, and voices, of Daniel Craig and Judi Dench. It's also a decent title. Though I could do without playing that damn ice driving section ever again.

There are decent movie tie-ins out there but sadly it seems that people are quite happy just to make a lazy cash-in on the name. Thank the lord I can pop GL back in a return envelope. 

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"]

[/quote]

Spiderman 2

Goldeneye 64

Theres more but for the moment I can't think of them.

Toy Story was an excellent game

cheap movie tie in games are designed to be that...cheap...low production values aimed at kiddies who see the film and want the game...quick easy way to make money...I remember the days of Ocean games lol...now those were shocking

Oh wow I had forgotten Ocean Games. There was a range of budget games as well for about £2; I think it was firebird games. They were REALLY bad but they were also REALLY cheap!

Oh man...I remember Firebird lol.........good times...good times lol

I actually like the Tron game... But only for the bikes, woo woo! :)