Great news From Major Nelson concerning Xbox Live on Xbox One

Great news: Access to free games each month is coming for Xbox Live Gold members on #XboxOne – Details coming later in 2014

— Larry Hryb (@majornelson) November 14, 2013

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why oh why can't someone from Xbox actually Post on Xbox.com about information like this?! I'm not saying they don't Post on Twitter (or whatever) but in addition, Post here. *sigh*

I hope so! The PS+ has really stepped up the game and XBL needs to do something to combat what the PS+ is doing. The Next step would be for MS to remove the apps that require a subscription from needing a Gold membership which is stupid and will push away the casual's who are interested in the X1 just for the cable/tv functionality with streaming capabilities of apps like Netflix and Hulu.

I agree with you. But, its probably quicker to post on twitter. Plus, these forums need a major overhaul before that would happen in my opinion.

Should really have an XB1 forum forum and have several sub-forums for suggestions,game talk,announcements/news, just general chat.

Great news, just wish we had more details.

[quote user="Major Wreckus"]

I agree with you. But, its probably quicker to post on twitter. Plus, these forums need a major overhaul before that would happen in my opinion.

[/quote]I understand this, they want both exposure and ease but for heavens sake would it really kill any of them to come here for two seconds and Post the same thing?!

Ok, so does than mean they will give us brand new games since 360 games dont work on the One? Would be nice to get a newer game than what we have been getting.

[quote user="LostKauz"]

[quote user="Major Wreckus"]

[/quote]I understand this, they want both exposure and ease but for heavens sake would it really kill any of them to come here for two seconds and Post the same thing?!

[/quote]

Stop wanting everything your way. Your so "me me me"

They are doing the $10 upgrade for certain games like BF4 if you bought the 360 version and then get an X1 you just need to pay $10 and upgrade to the X1 version of BF4. But just give you games because its not backwards compatible...No, thats not their problem.

I think you missed the point. 360 games cant be played on the Xbox One. If MS says they are going to give us free games on the Xbox One it must mean new games.