Graphics Issues after downloading updates

OK, so I recently went online with my Xbox yesterday.  It was my first time signing up for Xbox live.  I usually prefer single player.  Anyways, I only wanted to get the downloadable content for Mass Effect 3.  I downloaded that and some updates.  Anyways, bout 15 minutes after I download the updates and the DLC, the graphics on the screen are hard to read, are different colors, and look like crap.  I can't even play the game because I can't see the enemies. 

I contacted Xbox support and "Conan" seemed to think it was connectivity issues, like with my AV cord.  I went and bought a new AV cord and the graphics issue was not fixed.  I plugged in a HDMI cord and the graphics still look like crap but have a pink tint.

Also, sometimes, the TV won't even pick up the signal from the Xbox and sometimes it will.  I have tried all kinds of input, AV1, Component, HDMI, they will all say , "No Signal" even when there was signal only a few seconds ago. When my TV says "no signal" but I know it's plugged in, I can still control the Xbox, but I can't see or hear anything.  I know because I have memorized the buttons I need to turn it off and on.

This is so frustrating.  My Xbox has been working great until I started downloading stuff from Xbox.  It worked fine before I hooked it up to the internet.  NOw it is acting weird and the graphics are so bad I can't watch it. "Conan" seemed to think it was coincidence this started to happen 15 minutes after I downloaded stuff.  I don't think it is. It was working really great, perfect even, before this!

I have cleared the cache numerous times, turned it off then on, unplugged everything, started from scratch, removed the disks, prayed to the video game gods, and nothing is working.  Please help me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Which model 360 do you have? How old is it?

If it's a first gen HDMI from 2007, its time has come.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I got the console back in 2008..  But I haven't played on it much the past couple years or so. It's just funny it's time has come 15 minutes after I got online with it for the first time.

I don't know exactly what model.  It's the classic white one?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="ZLoneWanderer"]I got the console back in 2008..  But I haven't played on it much the past couple years or so.[/quote]It doesn't matter. My launch unit died during the summer of 2008 after not being used much since September, 2007 (switched to the Halo 3 unit as my main console).[quote]I don't know exactly what model.[/quote]The back of the unit shows an amperage for the power input. 16.5a is Xenon or Zephyr, 14.2a is Falcon or Opus. 12.1a is Jasper. You most likely have a 16.5a Zephyr (HDMI). All the 203w consoles are going to fail, it's just a question of when. Can't shove 203w of heat into a volume half the size of a shoebox.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah it says 16.5 A I've already had to replace the power brick once.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey ZLone, really sorry to hear about this issue! To be sure, have you since tried a different TV, to see if the same issue occurs then?

Sorry this didn't help.

No, I don't have another TV.  I don't think my TV is the problem.  I've been doing some more researching around and I found that this happens quite a bit.  Something to do with the video card that happens right after an "Update"  I kid you not, 15 minutes after I get online and update, my console breaks.  Coincidence? Me thinks not.  

Before, when I wrote this, I was getting video occasionally.  Now my TV says 'no signal' all the time instead of just some of the time.  At least when I plug in the AV cord I can get audio. So this sucks.  I just had my hard drive upgraded not too long ago too. Now, my HD is obsolete!  I have to buy a new slim version  >:(  I am a little angry about this.

All I need is for my console's video to turn on just one more time so I can transfer the data.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey ZLone,

Thanks for your patience in this matter. I totally see the frustration here, and I just wanted to thank you for your loyalty and perseverance. If you're at the point where you believe a new console is the appropriate action to take, you may also want to check out our transfer kit. It would allow for all of those previous game saves to be imported over to a new console - without having to even turn on the older one.

Here's a link to the cable:  www.xbox.com/.../Xbox-360-Hard-Drive-Transfer-Cable

Sorry this didn't help.

Heck no I'm not buying a cord to transfer.  That thing cost $20.  I followed a couple tutorials on you tube, bought a $6 wrench at home depot, and took apart my HD and plugged it into the new one.  Easy peasy and NOT $20, I didn't have to buy a new HD either :)  

Sorry this didn't help.