Graphical Issues / Freezing.

Ok. So I've had my Xbox 360 (pro version)  since 2008 but my question is why are SOME of my games (mainly call of duty) having some sort of  "graphical" issues where for example I'm playing Forza Motorsport 3 and some giant rectangle-shaped lines pop out of nowhere then like 15 minutes later my game freezes my xbox and others like battlefield bad company have the lines but on the characters and they're smaller BUT they do not freeze my xbox. Another issue is with my disc drive acting like a "reset button" but this is not annoying because i fix it quickly by just opening the tray/closing it quickly. Then there's the "All-famous freezing on start-up" problem every now and then I'd say every 2 weeks... I've cleared my cache many times tried the xbox freezing fix guide and tried a variety of games. Example : Homefront does not freeze or have any graphical issues nor does call of duty 4 but call of duty 4 freezes as soon as I join a multyplayer match or complete a  mission in single player. Hopefully anybody reads this and Helps a fellow gamer. Thanks. (also if you're a halo fan don't judge my problem just because I play call of duty)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hey, can you try removing your hard drive? If that clears up the issue, your hard drive will need to be replaced.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I removed the hard drive but I just noticed that my xbox made a circle-shaped scratch around my black ops disc... I still put it in the tray It loaded past the freezing portion of the game (treyarch intro) but I think the scratch is responsible for the black screen that freezes the game but this time I can return to the dashboard I get an Update for the system & it doesn't load.... :(

Sorry this didn't help.

So, it appears to be working normally, except your console can't apply the update now? You'll need a flash drive configured as a memory unit inserted into your Xbox to store the update to.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, It worked I also moved most of the things on my hard drive to my USB then I formatted my hard drive I cleared the cache too. Hopefully this does'nt happen again. Thanks for the Help! :]

Sorry this didn't help.

Anytime! Cheers :)

Sorry this didn't help.