Graphic Issues and Freezing on older console.

I have older Xbox 360 console made in 2006, I started having issues some time around last December with my console. The console will boot up normally until it gets to the xbox logo in which it will freeze. This will happen multiple times until finally I can get through to the dashboard. The sound continues while this happens and never stops.

Also while playing games my console has a hard time loading textures and and some times freezes. This has been more severe when playing L.A. Noire. The game will make a huge block like object than covers a large portion of the screen till I am able to drive through or turn around. his is not a issue with the disc as I played it on a friends slim console with no problems in textures/freezing.

The solutions I have tried are clearing the Cache on the hard drive, moving the system to help with over heating, standing it on its side, playing it near a fan, removing and plugging the hard drive back in, and playing offline.

I have gone through all the troubleshooting guides I can find to no avail. If anyone has any suggetions it would be much appreciated. In the end I will probably just purchase a new slim.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

It sounds like your console is on its last legs OP.

Here is a guide on freezing issues but it sounds like you have pretty much done everything already.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.