GoW3, Record Breaking Game...

immpressive stuff, i love the sp mode but am not a fan of the mp side of things...

It’s fair to say that the recent Gears of War 3 public ‘beta’ playtest has been a runaway success. Indeed, its popularity has seen the game become the fastest pre-ordered in Xbox history with more than a million customers eager to lay their money down.

Other attainments are equally impressive, if not even more so. For instance, the public preview of the game was downloaded 1.29 million times. That represents players from 143 different countries. We had no idea there even were 143 different countries!

The numbers really start to stack up after that, though. Some 11 million multiplayer matches were played, which amounts to 249 years of total gameplay time. If this statistic twists your melon, as it did ours, get a load of this lot:

- More than 927 million kills recorded.
- More than 131 million executions performed.
- More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw.
- Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired.
- 460 million ribbons and 294 million medals earned.
- 435 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game.
- 234 thousand people earned the beta exclusive ‘Gold Retro Lancer’ to use in the retail game.

On top of all that Gears of War 3 has just racked up more than one million pre-orders. Whether all these earlybird punters are buying the £99.99 ‘Epic’ collector’s edition remains to be seen. But who can resist the opportunity to own a painted statuette of the game’s grizzled hero, Marcus Fenix

what do you guys think?

sorry if this has been posted before....

Discussion Info

Last updated September 25, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I'm definetly getting the Epic Edition.

Well I'm one of the few people in the world who doesn't worship the ground Cliffy B walks on. So I'll be trying to avoid the game like I have with the previous two.

[quote user="SilverSignal"]

Well I'm one of the few people in the world who doesn't worship the ground Cliffy B walks on. So I'll be trying to avoid the game like I have with the previous two.

[/quote]

i dont worship anyone or anything but i do think that bothe GoW 1+2 have pretty good storylines and are decent to play, that is the reason ill be getting the next installment.... but "each to thier own" as they say.... gl

I've got the Epic Edition on pre-order for the sole intention of selling it on Ebay incase it becomes scarce around the time of release.

Yeah,I think it,s worth the extra money.Gears 3 will definitely go nuclear.I played  the beta for 3 weeks.and I know it was a bit glitchy but the quality was outstanding and we have,nt seen the campaign yet.The longest campaign in the series.Those statistics are off the chart.   Just wondering there guy,s does anyone know why an old unused subscription card is not honoured by xbox. The code works but it keeps telling me I,ve incountered a glitch?

I hate the mp side of Gears,its just a shotty fest.That said i love the campaign side of the games and horde/beast mode should keep me happy on the mp side of things.

For those of you who want to see a trailer of GOW3 there will be one showing after the Champions League final on ITV & SS1.