immpressive stuff, i love the sp mode but am not a fan of the mp side of things...
It’s fair to say that the recent Gears of War 3 public ‘beta’ playtest has been a runaway success. Indeed, its popularity has seen the game become the fastest pre-ordered in Xbox history with more than a million customers eager to lay their money down.
Other attainments are equally impressive, if not even more so. For instance, the public preview of the game was downloaded 1.29 million times. That represents players from 143 different countries. We had no idea there even were 143 different countries!
The numbers really start to stack up after that, though. Some 11 million multiplayer matches were played, which amounts to 249 years of total gameplay time. If this statistic twists your melon, as it did ours, get a load of this lot:
- More than 927 million kills recorded.
- More than 131 million executions performed.
- More than 23 million deaths by chainsaw.
- Nearly 23 BILLION bullets fired.
- 460 million ribbons and 294 million medals earned.
- 435 thousand people earned the beta exclusive Thrashball Cole skin to use in the retail game.
- 234 thousand people earned the beta exclusive ‘Gold Retro Lancer’ to use in the retail game.
On top of all that Gears of War 3 has just racked up more than one million pre-orders. Whether all these earlybird punters are buying the £99.99 ‘Epic’ collector’s edition remains to be seen. But who can resist the opportunity to own a painted statuette of the game’s grizzled hero, Marcus Fenix
what do you guys think?
sorry if this has been posted before....