GOW3 - Disc read errors?

Hey y'all

Anyone experienced the above when trying to install the game or play it? I just either get unreadable disc or if I do get to play the disc I get to various stages of setup/starting the campaign etc then it just freezes on me.

All other games are fine whether installed or played from disc, only GOW3 affected.

The small 2mb update had no effect whether downloaded or not. I have tried multiple times to delete the game data and cache but no change.

I even tried tipping the xbox to the vertical position, lol

My xbox is about two years old and fully up to date on patches, as far as I know, when connected to Live.

Anyone else experienced the same?

I read on one site that the format is different and that a patch in Spring time was to ready the consoles?!

Any help would be very welcome as support just want me to send my console in!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

As how is on the new disc format are you sure yor console is not one of the ones affected by the new updated format not reading

[quote user="Viral Cyrix"]

As how is on the new disc format are you sure yor console is not one of the ones affected by the new updated format not reading

[/quote]

This could be the problem as I've read a few others reporting the same issue with GOW, might be an idea to phone Support, good luck.

Peeps, do you have any links on where I can find more info on this?

I had a 'live chat' with support and they were friendly but gave them more info than what was given to me! Everytime was, return the xbox to us. Fine, but everything else is fine, there is clearly no reader issue if all other discs work.

forums.xbox.com/.../89015.aspx     There is this thread going on Xbox.com with people reporting the same sort of issues, not sure if it will help though.

Also it might be a good idea to check on the Epic forums for information about it, good luck.

forums.epicgames.com/.../390-Gears-of-War-3