Got my Xbox back from Service.....and it doesn't even turn on.

Seriously?  I was ok that the fan had a problem and I had to send it back even though I have used the machine maybe 3 hours since christmas.

I got the thing back today and hooked it up to start putting everything back together.

Xbox to TV via HDMI.

Power Brick to wall.

Hit the power button on the machine, it makes a noise, little white light, then off.  The hard drive engages for a micro second and then shuts off. Controller; No dice.

The white light comes on the machine and the power brick for a nanosecond as it makes the sound.

Am I seriously gonna have to send this thing back again for another month?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Tried multiple outlets and the LED light on the power brick is orange.  Turns white for a second when an attempt to power up the machine is made.   Then back to orange and nothing happens.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You are not the only one with this type of issue. I've jokingly named it "light is on and nobodies home" problem. I've gotten my console to work when its like this but you are going to need patience and the ability to unplug your console multiple times. When you do manage to get it to work In this way switch the power settings to always on and you might get a couple of on and off out of the system before the eventual starting the whole plugging trick again.

a couple of observations that have made on this situation (as per my console) is that pressing the power button on the console itself is the only way to get it to function as the controller will just endlessly seek the console until it boots properly. Pressing it enough times will make it so the light just stays on and does nothing. One last oddity to note is the Xbox one when its operational runs at 1000mbs threw my network. But when its not booting correctly it stays at 100mbs if it even connected to the network at all. Hopefully its just an OS issue that needs a patch and not another "print this shipping label and find your nearest FedEx." problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

That does not bode well for me.

I have tried plugging, unplugging, on... off... on...  

It just really irks me that this thing just came back from the Service center.

Thanks for assistance, though

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats ridicules you pay 500 buck and the *** don't Work xbox need to get it together Microsoft don't care about the cosumers im pissed i wasted my money on this piece of *** machine

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, looks like its headed back to Texas for the second time since Christmas.

Sorry this didn't help.